Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Sorry all, I know there is still a glimmer of hope that the VZ Support twitter people don't know about the update, but according to @VZWSupport as of 8:45am EST today :

@j_benj The current software version we have is WEBOS 2.0.1, you can sign up for email alerts for release dates at Verizon Wireless ^TH

No 2.1 update according to VZ support.

There is also nothing on the VZ community forums or the Pre 2 support site.

Take from it what you want, but I'm reinstalling all my patches...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Multiple users now reporting that VZ is denying the update is available. See the PC post with comments.

Jives with the fact that no one here has gotten it, and the one guy who claims to have gotten it says in his signature that he's running a Sprint FrankenPre.
    Maybe he has more than one phone? Maybe he has three phones? Is he supposed to tell us every phone he has before he posts?

He says in his post "My VZW Pre2"...

VZW wouldn't know anything about the update. The only people at VZW who would know for certain about the update would be a few corporate VZW reps who gave HP the okay to start pushing the software out.

I say just relax, and be patient. This is how updates start rolling out.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    More from VZ on this :

VZWSupport VZW Support
    by BradenFontaine
    @
    @BradenFontaine Palm/HP has not communicated any official word to VZW on an OS update release for today. ^AE

I'm reinstalling my patches.
    Has anyone tried the Palm... oops, I mean HP, website to see what doctor they have for download? I would, but my pre2 is at home and I do not have access to my serial #.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    Has anyone tried the Palm... oops, I mean HP, website to see what doctor they have for download? I would, but my pre2 is at home and I do not have access to my serial #.
    It's still the 2.0.1 doctor
    Yea that's the first thing I checked when I saw the announcement because I had to doctor back to 2.0.1 anyways I figured it'd be easier to go straight from meta 2.1.0 to official 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just got this from @VZWSupport on Twitter as well...

We have had no official word from Palm/HP about a software release for today. ^AE
    This is the same person who posted a few weeks ago that there was a testing group to get the update. He posted again last night........
    Re: When will Verizon allow WebOs 2.1 update happen??? - Page 3 - Verizon Wireless Community
    Re: When will Verizon allow WebOs 2.1 update happen??? [ Edited ]
    Options
    06-23-2011 09:42 PM - last edited on 06-23-2011 09:51 PM by Paul-D

Not too long ago I posted an insider tip saying that Verizon had released to some Pre Plus and Pre 2 users webOS 2.1! If you where interested in participating in the pre-release program you had to call Verizon Customer Service and ask to add you to the testing list.

Well today Verizon finally released webOS 2.1 for Pre 2 users! Wait for the update and enjoy the new features.

Supposedly the post was edited by a Verizon Moderator, I am skeptical of his post but will continue to look for the update.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Well, one thing's for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    More from VZ on this :

VZWSupport VZW Support
    by BradenFontaine
    @
    @BradenFontaine Palm/HP has not communicated any official word to VZW on an OS update release for today. ^AE

I'm reinstalling my patches.
    Which means very little since Verizon controls those releases on their network devices...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Which means very little since Verizon controls those releases on their network devices...
    All of the other sites are all quoting sources from either precentral or webosroundup. Engadget would have this update on their news by now, and we are not seeing any of it.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    All of the other sites are all quoting sources from either precentral or webosroundup. Engadget would have this update on their news by now, and we are not seeing any of it.
    I was commenting on the tweet that HP hadn't communicated an OS update release to VZW. I don't know why they said that because we all know that's not how cell phone updates work unless you're Apple.