Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Hi

Not really sure where to post this.....but

Has anyone else won the above and cant use the promo code as they are out side of the US?

Reminder: Wifi Media Sync 2.0 app giveaway | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

I've mail derek but get no reply.....would really like to use this.

Thanks,

Rob
    Last edited by robdos; 06/24/2011 at 06:45 AM.
    They should "give-away" the app to those that had the app on 1.4.5, and either through a replacement phone or other circumstance, lost it.....just sayin'
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    They should "give-away" the app to those that had the app on 1.4.5, and either through a replacement phone or other circumstance, lost it.....just sayin'
    Did they somehow pull it from your profile? Or are you not meta-doctored up to 2.1?
    Derek wrote to me:
    My apologies to those having issues redeeming this promo code. Due to a still-not-corrected error on HP's servers, webOS 2.x apps that have been recently updated are only recognized as compatible with the Palm Pre 2 and HP Veer:
    App submissions update has unintended consequence of locking out older phones on 2.1 | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

We've alerted HP to this problem multiple times to no avail. If you're running webOS 2.1 on a Pre or Pre Plus, sadly you will not be able to access the app through the Catalog, and thus unable to redeem the promo code. We're working with the developer to see if we can build some way around this.

Derek
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Indeed. But the original email stated that if your outside the us contact him for a different code.

I have a Pre 2 so I dont think this should cause me an issue.
    ... and Derek canīt know, what device you have... having the same "problem".
    living in germany and there is no answer from Derek.... ;-((
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I've emailed 8 bit dev to see if they will help
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Did they somehow pull it from your profile? Or are you not meta-doctored up to 2.1?
    There's various issues with my profile, I did go up to 2.1, and back down again. The first time I went up to 2.1 and back down to 1.4.5, I didn't lose anything. Then I had to do a Doctor, and then I started missing apps, even though when I phoned tech support, they gave me a full list of all apps, free & paid, that I've downloaded throughout the course of my Pre duration.

I bought the app while on 1.4.5, so one would think you should be able to still get it, but it appears that's not the case.

Almost contemplating going back to 2.1, but having only Pre- not sure if the freeze/lag will be worth it, unless that's something that's been ironed out in the month or two that I've been back to 1.4.5.

Having missing apps wasn't a big deal to me as I had accumulated a large amount, and a lot that I'd never used again. Also the fact that the Cat would remember if I'd paid for an app or not, and I've never been charged twice for an app.

Pre3's coming anyway, so it will probably be a moot point sooner or later.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I won the app but am patiently waiting for that Verizon 2.1 update that's 'rolling out' to Pre 2 users...
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael75Pre View Post
    ... and Derek canīt know, what device you have... having the same "problem".
    living in germany and there is no answer from Derek.... ;-((
    I emailed 8 bit - got a reply from eric with a new promo code - syncing away right now - its very good!