Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    i have 2.1 on my verizon pre too

just not my pre 2 =(
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    can we just use the O2 Os 2.1 on the Pre 2 or will that not work
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    can we just use the O2 Os 2.1 on the Pre 2 or will that not work
    Officially you'll have to wait for Verizon to issue the 2.1 update OTA.

Unofficially you can use the metadoctor to put 2.1 on your Pre 2. But you'll lose out on certain features/apps.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    what apps and features? And couldn't you just doctor back to get the official ota?
    yes you could just doctor back to 2.0.1 if unsatisfied with meta doc in any way. However there is a pretty good chance you will be able to ota update to vzw's 2.1 without having to doctor your phone so really there is not much risk involved.
    According to webOS Internals:

You will end up with version 2.1.0 listed in your palm profile, and version 2.1.0 listed in the Device Info application.
    You will not have the Verizon specific apps (Amazon MP3, VZ Navigator, Skype Mobile). Voice Dialing does not work.
    You should be able to purchase apps that require a minimum webOS 2.x version (depending upon geo-restrictions and country of first activation).
    In order to update your PRL, you will need to manually program your phone OTA by dialing *228 from the dialer, and choose the "Program your phone" option.
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    OK. I have been going back and forth with the Versizon support stooge on Twitter, @VZWSupport, and he is contending that the update has not been released from Verizon. I have been on his ar$e since the update was released on June 25th and he still won't admit that it has been released.

I have also tried calling Verizon support and they told me that I'll get it when I get it. Not very helpful.

Anybody up for an all out assault on the @VZWSupport account to try and hurry up the process? HP did release 2.1 back in March, after all.
    Quite frustrated with the news sites. I know no one who has 2.1, if its in testing with verizon then they seriously should have changed or updated the headlines.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    I'm on board

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I say we bombard Verizon with tweets and requests in their forums. I am already hounding @VZWSupport and @HP to some extent. HP keeps pushing press about the Touchpad and seems to have forgotten about those of us that have already purchased their products.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I say we bombard Verizon with tweets and requests in their forums. I am already hounding @VZWSupport and @HP to some extent. HP keeps pushing press about the Touchpad and seems to have forgotten about those of us that have already purchased their products.
    VZ did state on their forums that the update is still "in testing". The scary part about that is, if they find a bug and have to send it back to HP/Palm to be fixed... we'll probably never see that update.
    They won't have to look hard for a bug, there are several. WebOS is not important to Verizon and the "few" customers that have phones with them that use WebOS are not enough for them to worry about. We'll eventually get the update, only after everyone else is taken care of.

Several people here mentioned that Verizon might wait and release 2.2 (or what ever the next update is) and skip 2.1. I hope that is the case.

ET
    I bought (2) Pre II's at the Verizon store today. The sales person did try to sell me Droid phones instead but only because they had them in stock. He was puzzled that I thought it was okay to have them overnight shipped to my home. Customers in general must be demanding immediate possession or something.

Anyway, that is not the purpose of this post; the sales guy told me that WebOS 2.1 would be needed to link up with a new Touchpad (I told him that is why I wanted a WebOS phone and a Droid just would not do) and the "2.1 update should be coming out very soon."

I know this probably will be relegated to the rumor pile but at least this sales guy seemed to know what he was talking about.
    regards,

Dan

------------------
    TabletPC user
    2.0.1 hooks up to the TouchPad for voice, but I don't think SMS works. Not sure if 2.1 changes that either.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    dunno, I think the full TP stuff is in 2.2
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I still think we need to ddos them, so to speak, and fill up their twitter stream. This is ridiculous. WebOS 3 just came out and we cannot get 2.1 on our phones.

The @VZWSupport bot on twitter keeps insisting that HP hasn't officially released webos 2.1. Does anybody have a link to a press release or something I can use to rebut him?
    webos 2.1 no text lag whatsoever on pre2!
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelnate View Post
    The @VZWSupport bot on twitter keeps insisting that HP hasn't officially released webos 2.1. Does anybody have a link to a press release or something I can use to rebut him?
    That is what irritates me the most, they have no problems with dishonesty. No my system is NOT "up to date." Yes, HP has released a newer version of webOS, they did so in March. To say otherwise is to tell a lie. Repeating that lie over and over again does not change the fact that it is a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by pareinai View Post
    . Repeating that lie over and over again does not change the fact that it is a lie.
    Why not, it works for democrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Why not, it works for democrats.
    Like "Mission Accomplished"?

Perhaps we should avoid this subject....
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast