Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    So 2.1 is out for VZW but no one has it on their phone?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Either it's out in small testing amounts, or the me-too tech blogosphere didn't cite their sources before spreading their chainletter news.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    With the TouchPad being released today I didn't think it would make sense for a Verizon Pre 2 update to come out at the same time as the TP launch. I think it will be at least another week or two before we see this update.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    VZ says it's still in testing according to their official forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    With the TouchPad being released today I didn't think it would make sense for a Verizon Pre 2 update to come out at the same time as the TP launch. I think it will be at least another week or two before we see this update.
    Just curious, what does the TP release have to do with verizon releasing 2.1? Releasing the update wouldn't make a ripple in the tech landscape cause the only people that would notice are the few Pre2 owners.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Just curious, what does the TP release have to do with verizon releasing 2.1? Releasing the update wouldn't make a ripple in the tech landscape cause the only people that would notice are the few Pre2 owners.
    I said this based on a feeling that it isn't completely in VZW's hands. I wonder if after Verizon gives its go ahead for the update, HP still has to say "Well, if you approve it finally, go ahead and release it." If that has to happen at all, I think HP has their attention focused elsewhere right now.
    Why do people keep posting to this thread and making me think the update was finally released? Can't we let this die until the update comes out?? lol
    fxspec06 and tayswg20 like this.
    No, we shouldn't stop posting here until 2.1 for Pre2 is actually available. This could be the longest thread ever!!!
    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    No, we shouldn't stop posting here until 2.1 for Pre2 is actually available. This could be the longest thread ever!!!
    A record 10,000 posts.

9851 to go!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I got it! I got it! I got it!

Oh wait...no I didn't.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    just wanted to let you all know that I haven't gotten the update yet
    I really just don't get why we just can't have the update. Do they really hate us that much?
    Its not out yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I got it! I got it! I got it!

Oh wait...no I didn't.
    you big fat jerk.

i got all excited and almost got out of my chair for a second

then i saw the end of your post
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

just get to version 2.2 already. I would like to text from the TouchPad through Pre2. Come on Verizon, wake up
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    just get to version 2.2 already. I would like to text from the TouchPad through Pre2. Come on Verizon, wake up
    Will the update do that? Even the Ever isn't able to do that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Will the update do that? Even the Ever isn't able to do that yet.

Yes, it will. I think via bluetooth.

ET
    I got 2.1 on my pre 2 using meta doc cuz waiting on verizon is just waaaayyyy too frustrating! After playing with 2.1 for a few hours it really makes me upset this hasn't been released yet, the pre 2 runs 2.1 so smoothly that I can't imagine why testing would take soo long. Vzw specific apps don't work but who wants to pay 10 a month for navigator?!? Any way if your sick of waiting spend the effort you'd waste bein mad on using the meta doc to take matters in your own hand!!!!

ps voice dial don't work either but I hated it any way I use Aux chord way too often to use this app
    My update app keeps saying : Unable to connect. Try again later. Maybe a good sign? I hope it's saying that because Verizon is pushing out the update, maybe?
    EDIT: Nevermind.. It's saying it's up to date now..
    Last edited by jrocsupreme; 07/04/2011 at 02:03 PM.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast