Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deucediggity View Post
    I just had to call tech support because my pre2 couldn't get service. I asked the rep about 2.1, he checked and said they just started rolling it out to about 3000 people on Monday and everyone should be getting it in a week or two. He also said my replacement I'm getting could have 2.1 on it already. Just relaying what he told me.
    I was having the same problem, it would cut in and out of network connectivity. Thanks for the news update, this is great to hear.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by deucediggity View Post
    I just had to call tech support because my pre2 couldn't get service. I asked the rep about 2.1, he checked and said they just started rolling it out to about 3000 people on Monday and everyone should be getting it in a week or two. He also said my replacement I'm getting could have 2.1 on it already. Just relaying what he told me.
    This is great, except for the fact that 5 other people could call VZW tech support and get 5 completely different answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    Well, I couldn't find that in VZW; hoping that your url will be leading me to that 49 dollar price! Palm Pre 3 be danged (whoops, sacrilege!) I do sort of worry that VZW will really drag their feet in updating this device!
    Art
    Sorry to slightly derail this thread, but here's the link:

Up to $50 Off Select Devices

I think it may only be valid for current customers (ie. adding a new line to a current plan).

I used it to add a line to a family plan, my Pre 2 is shipping over, can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Sorry to slightly derail this thread, but here's the link:

Up to $50 Off Select Devices

I think it may only be valid for current customers (ie. adding a new line to a current plan).

I used it to add a line to a family plan, my Pre 2 is shipping over, can't wait!
    Yes, I think you have to add a line to receive that 50.00 off. Well, I appreciate you finding that for me. My daughter is in her teens and we may have to perhaps use that new added line!
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Has anyone gotten the update. still nothing for me.
    nothing here in California.
    I have a hard time remember that last upgrade from Verizon (its been so long). Is there any particular time of day the upgrades are released?

ET
    No update in Chas, SC as of yet. Really don't even know why I'm bothering to check anymore.
    when/if it really comes out you will know...maybe I should start a pre- update to 2.1.2 is out thread. Bet I can get 1000 post in 2 days.

JK
    Look, don't want to beat a dead horse, however, sitting with my laptop I got bored so I did another Goolge search for Verizon WebOS 2.1 update being released. There had to be at least 20 different articles on 20 didn't websites claiming it was being released. The first article I found was June 20 and the last was the 27. 7 whole days gone by and no update, yet the two websites articles being released on the 27 still claimed the update was rolling out. Don't they check their facts being posting a story? lol Anyway, here in Cincinnati, no update as of yet.

ET
    Still no update in Central MA
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Look, don't want to beat a dead horse, however, sitting with my laptop I got bored so I did another Goolge search for Verizon WebOS 2.1 update being released. There had to be at least 20 different articles on 20 didn't websites claiming it was being released. The first article I found was June 20 and the last was the 27. 7 whole days gone by and no update, yet the two websites articles being released on the 27 still claimed the update was rolling out. Don't they check their facts being posting a story? lol Anyway, here in Cincinnati, no update as of yet.

ET
    In the coming months...
    nothing here in SC yet. Been checking it a couple times a day for the past week since my app catalog has been acting a bit dodgy. It won't load half the time, and when it does, I can't check out what's been released as of late. I tweeted @VZWSupport playing the developer card asking about the update, but haven't gotten a response yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

ET
    You every saw a bunch of post online about a story that turned out not to be true, before? This is no different.

when it comes out you won't have to go crazy checking your phone for the update because within days the official webos Dr. Will be available also. Coincidentally there is no verizon 2.1 Dr. Available either ( more proof)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    No update yet here in Houston on my Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtazz View Post
    No update yet here in Houston on my Pre 2.
    Houston, we have a problem.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

pow12390 likes this.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Nothing here in NYC, I really think that this is total baloney and there is no update coming. Verizon does not care about WebOS because it doesn't sell like Android or Iphones. By being loyal to HPalm, we are not like the rest of the sheep out in the world and they feel they can ignore us.
    Quote Originally Posted by vlok16 View Post
    Nothing here in NYC, I really think that this is total baloney and there is no update coming. Verizon does not care about WebOS because it doesn't sell like Android or Iphones. By being loyal to HPalm, we are not like the rest of the sheep out in the world and they feel they can ignore us.
    Welcome to the forums!!!

If you're interested, there's a Boston WebOS meetup in September. I can find the thread if you like.

18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by vlok16 View Post
    They do but gotta understand that Verizon is EXTREMELY picky with phone and update approvals. Even their Android phones go through the same pains of update dragouts. They REALLY want to make sure that the update fits to their busness models and does not fubar anything. It's a double-edge sword with this concept....
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    [QUOTE=vlok16;3009861] Verizon does not care about WebOS because it doesn't sell like Android or Iphones. ]

I think that will change when the TP takes off.

ET

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I think that will change IF the TP takes off.
    Fixed...