Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 233
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by artwest50 View Post
    Well, I'm thinking of just getting the Palm Pre 2 instead of waiting for the Palm Pre 3 (financial reasons); however, they have the price back up to 99 dollars everywhere. Wasn't it a month ago when it was down to 49 dollars?
    it IS still $49! There's a promo going on right now. Will add link (vzw website) when back from work. Also if you add to cart and go all the way to review order page, it should auto reduce to $49.
  2. j_benj's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #102  
    it IS still $49!
    $49 for the Pre2 is SUCH a steal.. imagine when webOS 3.0 hits for it..
  3. #103  
    I would agree that $49 for the Pre 2 is a great deal, if not for the fact that the Pre 3 will be coming out very shortly. I like my Pre 2 a lot, but I got it for free. I wouldn't advise anyone to go out and get the Pre 2 on a new 2 year contract when it will be rendered obsolete in a few weeks or so.
  4. j_benj's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #104  
    it will be rendered obsolete in a few weeks or so.
    I know it's a matter of opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would hardly consider the Pre2 obsolete when it will be upgraded to webOS3.0 in the future. Just because it has a smaller screen/lower resolution and is lacking a front-facing camera doesn't render the device useless. It will still function just as well after the Pre3 is released as it does now.
  5. #105  
    Has anyone gotten the update. still nothing for me.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  6. Tigrao's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I would hardly consider the Pre2 obsolete when it will be upgraded to webOS3.0 in the future.
    Unfortunately I wouldn't doubt it if the Pre 2 gets the same treatment as the Pre- and Pre+ did. Suddenly this device won't be "capable" of running webOS 3.0 and we'll be stuck on 2.X...
  7. #107  
    verizon sucks. Why can't they just release the update? Because their stupid expensive and horrible gps app that nobody uses won't work with 2.1? It actually probably does work and they are just stupid. Pre 2 users are like looked down upon by verizon. When I got mine back in march, the sales guy said nothing but bad stuff about it. When I said I wanted it he like shook his head in disbelief. This is so ridiculous.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I know it's a matter of opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would hardly consider the Pre2 obsolete when it will be upgraded to webOS3.0 in the future. Just because it has a smaller screen/lower resolution and is lacking a front-facing camera doesn't render the device useless. It will still function just as well after the Pre3 is released as it does now.
    Well, yeah, I was speaking comparatively. Any phone that's out now is more phone than anyone on the planet would need for the rest of time. I was speaking more in terms of consumer expectations/demands. Even though a great product (ie the Pre 2) is available, if there is something better (ie the Pre 3), the latter is the one people will want will instinctively think of the former as "out of date".
  9. #109  
    this article was fake, no ones getting an update, and if you believe otherwise then check your update app. It will tell you that we are up to date at 2.0.1, this isn't a surprise we are talkin bout vzw right? Get used to it this same drama surrounded the 1.4.5 update for my vzw pre plus(which ended up not even bein a big deal). So far the best update I've gotten for any of my palm phones has come from webos internals, so lets hope they figure it out because waiting on verizon is just stupid. Maybe I'm just mad cuz I haven't gotten an update yet and its my birthday today.....
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    this article was fake, no ones getting an update, and if you believe otherwise then check your update app. It will tell you that we are up to date at 2.0.1, this isn't a surprise we are talkin bout vzw right? Get used to it this same drama surrounded the 1.4.5 update for my vzw pre plus(which ended up not even bein a big deal). So far the best update I've gotten for any of my palm phones has come from webos internals, so lets hope they figure it out because waiting on verizon is just stupid. Maybe I'm just mad cuz I haven't gotten an update yet and its my birthday today.....
    It seems highly improbable that all of these articles would be fake. I don't understand how all of these sites posted that this was in fact real. You would think they would have contacted Verizon to verify or what not first. Now we have all these sites stating the update is coming within the week. I sent a PM to the OP for the build number of the 2.1 update, but he has not responded to me yet.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    check your update app. It will tell you that we are up to date at 2.0.1
    I don't need to check the update app to know that my version is out of date
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

    geewhiz likes this.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    It seems highly improbable that all of these articles would be fake. I don't understand how all of these sites posted that this was in fact real. You would think they would have contacted Verizon to verify or what not first. Now we have all these sites stating the update is coming within the week. I sent a PM to the OP for the build number of the 2.1 update, but he has not responded to me yet.
    Did u see all the articles about computers not working after yr 2000 comes in? Yet here we are with computers still working. How many article did you see about famous people dying, that are still alive? Its not the articles its the fact that nobody has gotten the update. Allegedly the OP did but there's no proof he did & nobody else, anywhere can say they have gotten it too. Come on now only 1 guy with a pre2 in the world.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Did u see all the articles about computers not working after yr 2000 comes in? Yet here we are with computers still working. How many article did you see about famous people dying, that are still alive? Its not the articles its the fact that nobody has gotten the update. Allegedly the OP did but there's no proof he did & nobody else, anywhere can say they have gotten it too. Come on now only 1 guy with a pre2 in the world.
    Lol, ya I know kinda ridiculous. Well supposedly it was him and a guy from webosroundup. Oh well, guess we have to keep waiting. Good thing the Touchpad comes out this weekend
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  14. j_benj's Avatar
    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #114  
    Even though a great product (ie the Pre 2) is available, if there is something better (ie the Pre 3), the latter is the one people will want will instinctively think of the former as "out of date".
    I understand where you're going with this But under the same premise, the Veer will be "out of date" in comparison to the Pre3 as well, wouldn't it?
  15. #115  
    I just checked, and I'm still being told to be happy with 2.0.1

    Sharp YO-370 -> HP 200LX -> Palm m125 -> Palm Treo 680 -> Pre 2

    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Lol, ya I know kinda ridiculous. Well supposedly it was him and a guy from webosroundup. Oh well, guess we have to keep waiting. Good thing the Touchpad comes out this weekend
    yea & hopefully it pairs voice & sms with legacy pre's & I'm good til sprint gets something new from HP.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudenti View Post
    I just checked, and I'm still being told to be happy with 2.0.1

    Actually it tells us "Ha! We were just teasing you you f**l! Try again tom so we can fool you again!"

    Argh.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I understand where you're going with this But under the same premise, the Veer will be "out of date" in comparison to the Pre3 as well, wouldn't it?
    The Veer is marketed and designed to be distinct from the Pre family, so I don't think there's a comparison b/w the Pre 3 and the Veer. The Pre 3, however, is fully intended to be a direct upgrade/replacement for the Pre 2, which was an upgrade/replacement of the Pre Plus, which was an upgrade replacement of the Pre.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    it IS still $49! There's a promo going on right now. Will add link (vzw website) when back from work. Also if you add to cart and go all the way to review order page, it should auto reduce to $49.
    Well, I couldn't find that in VZW; hoping that your url will be leading me to that 49 dollar price! Palm Pre 3 be danged (whoops, sacrilege!) I do sort of worry that VZW will really drag their feet in updating this device!
    Art
  20. #120  
    I just had to call tech support because my pre2 couldn't get service. I asked the rep about 2.1, he checked and said they just started rolling it out to about 3000 people on Monday and everyone should be getting it in a week or two. He also said my replacement I'm getting could have 2.1 on it already. Just relaying what he told me.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions