Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Soooooo, anyway. Moving on. The update obviously isn't available yet. Does it really matter, though? I remember reading tons of posts on here about how buggy it was.
    there are tons of reports on how buggy every update is. Its all based on what you want & use your phone for. Some prefer 2.0.1 & some 2.1.0. For example the calendar bug doesn't affect me since I don't use my calendar at all. There are also fixes, patches & work arounds for almost every issue found.

That's what makes webos & the forum so good, with a little reading you can have any pre working exactly How you want it, satisfying everyone. But we need more sustainable factual threads with validated & verified information in them & less speculated statements.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrao View Post
    I just doctored using the test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 meta doctor script. Skype works and all the VZW carrier apps are there. Also, it uses a newer version of the voice dial app from the Veer that fixes some of the bugginess. I think I'm going to stick with the meta doctor.
    Hmmm... the meta-doctor seems a little buggy. I was getting the TMC error, GPS seems to not work, and the phone seems laggy at times. I am doctoring back to 2.0.1 and waiting for the VZW official update.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    Verizon Finally Releases webOS 2.1 to Pre 2 users! - Verizon Wireless Community
    This link is from the Verizon Forum. Read the bottom post from the Verizon Rep. It sounds like we are wasting our time refreshing in hopes of an update.
    I really hope this person is wrong and we still see the update this week.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'd personally prefer a bump to 2.2 and skip 2.1 - I feel like HP has their head on straight when it comes to polish now and would rather get that then a bug filled mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I'd personally prefer a bump to 2.2 and skip 2.1 - I feel like HP has their head on straight when it comes to polish now and would rather get that then a bug filled mess.
    Maybe.

All I have to say is that if we don't get it now, then we better damn well get 2.2 before the GSM knuckleheads get it.

If not we should all riot and flood VZW with hate-mail. All five of us.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Maybe.

All I have to say is that if we don't get it now, then we better damn well get 2.2 before the GSM knuckleheads get it.

It is sad that there are so few of us Verizon Pre2 users.

I also saw this article confirming that users were starting to receive the update on Saturday.

Verizon’s Palm Pre 2 Gets Official webOS 2.1 Update
    This one is from today, haha I'm bored at work.

WebOS 2.1 Now Available for the Verizon Pre 2

WebOS 2.1 update for that device is starting to roll out as an OTA update
    Collective sigh of relief? More like, collective sigh of 'I know this feeling.'

I feel like that donkey who can't quite reach the carrot.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. I bought a pre- back in December and was expecting an update to 2.0. It never happened, then I went ahead and switched to Verizon to get my Pre2 and was once again stuck at 2.0.1. Once I get a pre3 it will most likely be unlocked to avoid these issues.
    Exactly how does the voice dialing work anyway?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Once I get a pre3 it will most likely be unlocked to avoid these issues.
    oops nm, you said unlocked.
    Last edited by j_benj; 06/27/2011 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Exactly how does the voice dialing work anyway?
    you hold the volume button and say who you want to call

or if you have a bluetooth headset you press the button and say who you want to call

not sure how they can just avoid this for this long.

those with BT headsets, you know what i mean

no update here in california yet. anyone get this?
    What's the build number?
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    **Update** It looks like just a handful got access to this update and both sides are quiet about the update so those that go it was either an accidental fluke or some controlled release. I still have another VZ Pre2 that say it is up to date with 2.0.1, GRR.

**Update2** http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post3002559

My VZW Pre2 gave me the notification of the 2.1.0 update so go get yer exhibition and voice dial!
    OP, what is the build number for 2.1?
    Well, I'm thinking of just getting the Palm Pre 2 instead of waiting for the Palm Pre 3 (financial reasons); however, they have the price back up to 99 dollars everywhere. Wasn't it a month ago when it was down to 49 dollars?
    It's a $100 phone easy IHMO. It's up there, top of the line, right with the best of 'em. It's the great phone that nobody cared about.

It's a $100 phone easy IHMO. It's up there, top of the line, right with the best of 'em. It's the great phone that nobody cared about.
    Yep, I'll agree with you that it is worth the $100.00 sticker. I just hope that whether I get it or not; that HP will heep it updated through webos 3.x!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    i paid $100 for mine a month before the $49 promotion and i dont feel like i got ripped off . totally worth the price i paid, its truly an awesome device.
    Maybe.

Word!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast