Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Almost 2 am here in Utah. Was hoping after midnight i would get the update. I'm thinking our chain is getting pulled.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think it'll take more than a few hours to release. I still find myself checking 3-4 times a day, but I am hoping it'll be there in a couple of days at most. I can't wait BC I too replaced a pre+ with 2.1.0 on it which ran great. I think the pre2 HW is way better, now I just need 2.1 so I can get more patches...

Fingers crossed. Anyone that gets 2.1 update plz message me!
    Last edited by e-gadget-guy; 06/26/2011 at 09:33 AM.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Fellas,

I'm new to Pre2 (less than a week) already found and installed some patches (thank God for those) and am now reading that folks are saying they are removing patches in prep of the update. Three questions:

1. Should I remove all patches or just certain ones (e.g., virtual keyboard, which I really like)?

2. Do I need to take the phone out of Developer Mode? Not sure about that.

3. If I don't search for updates will it update automatically anyway? Reason I ask is that I would hate to lose virtual keyboard as, for me, it is a big plus.

Thanks,
    LT
    Quote Originally Posted by lmtorres View Post
    Fellas,

I'm new to Pre2 (less than a week) already found and installed some patches (thank God for those) and am now reading that folks are saying they are removing patches in prep of the update. Three questions:

1. Should I remove all patches or just certain ones (e.g., virtual keyboard, which I really like)?

2. Do I need to take the phone out of Developer Mode? Not sure about that.

3. If I don't search for updates will it update automatically anyway? Reason I ask is that I would hate to lose virtual keyboard as, for me, it is a big plus.

Thanks,
    LT
    No need to remove patches and leaving it in developer mode is fine.

ET
    Thanks ET...
    6/26/11, 1:38 pm, Charleston, SC. No update yet. Seems to have been a false alarm. Oh well, I'm not exactly dying for Exhibition Mode or an HP boot screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    6/26/11, 1:38 pm, Charleston, SC. No update yet. Seems to have been a false alarm. Oh well, I'm not exactly dying for Exhibition Mode or an HP boot screen.
    No, either am I. However, 2.0 has too many bugs in it that drive me nuts. One is the contact pictures. I'm still holding out hope; too many articles published since Friday claiming a release. Probably start rolling out in mass Monday.

ET
    Posted 11 hrs ago, another "Verizon 2.1 Update released" article.

Verizon’s Palm Pre 2 Gets Official webOS 2.1 Update

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Posted 11 hrs ago, another "Verizon 2.1 Update released" article.

[url=ís Palm Pre 2 Gets Official webOS 2.1 Update[/url]

ET
    I want to be greeted with a 2.1 update, no fair.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    As a new Pre user I actually like the virtual keyboard alot. Do I need actively check for the update or will it happen regardless? I'd rather keep the VK for a while.
    If you don't want it to happen, it will happen no matter what.

If you want it to happen, then fagettabottit. :P

No, really. You can't really choose, it just kind of happens. Or so I'm told.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Verizon Finally Releases webOS 2.1 to Pre 2 users! - Verizon Wireless Community
    This link is from the Verizon Forum. Read the bottom post from the Verizon Rep. It sounds like we are wasting our time refreshing in hopes of an update.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Thought so -- it's sort of sad to see this story spread like wild fire even on sites dedicated to webOS devices, it's as if they didn't even test it to see if it were true before posting.
    That's one of the things I hate about internet journalism sometimes. If someone so much as breathes a word at the wrong time, it becomes a news article and all the other news blogs post it because everyone else is doing it, therefore they must be right. XD

I'd doctor back up to 2.1.0, but for some reason Flash breaks whenever I do that, as do the Backup and System Updates apps. Not sure if my meta-doctor isn't building right or what
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 06/27/2011 at 03:31 AM.
    as I understand it with the meta-doctor you will be prompted to OTA update which fixes a few bugs. Could this be what happened to the OP or is he just lying about the update. Because he says he got it & nobody else has.
    The meta-doctor disables OTA updates.

Just because he has it and you don't doesn't mean he is lying. People said that when certain Pre Plus's started getting 2.1, but they were definitely OTA and they weren't lying.

Also, how would it change anything if it was meta-doctored and he still received the update? If it's a verizon phone, wouldn't that still mean that they were rolling out the update? How do you explain the pic on the front page of P|C that clearly shows the word 'verizon' in the top left of the screen along with the text 'your phone is ready for an update'?
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    The meta-doctor disables OTA updates.

Just because he has it and you don't doesn't mean he is lying. People said that when certain Pre Plus's started getting 2.1, but they were definitely OTA and they weren't lying.

Also, how would it change anything if it was meta-doctored and he still received the update? If it's a verizon phone, wouldn't that still mean that they were rolling out the update? How do you explain the pic on the front page of P|C that clearly shows the word 'verizon' in the top left of the screen along with the text 'your phone is ready for an update'?
    AS quoted from the Official WIKI "For the Sprint-Franken-Pre2 (Pre2-GSM-Unlocked confirmed + sprint-pre(-)comm) and perhaps the Verizon-Franken-Pre2, the voice dialing application may not work after the metadoctor procedure above. The application may or may not even launch after tapped. You may experience problems with sound intermittently not working, esp. when playing media, or using the phone. This will be corrected automatically with a webOS OTA Update to 2.1.0. When the phone prompts for the update, install it."
    maybe I misunderstood what the webos internal team has posted in the WIKI.

Also Ur 1st sentence says meta-doctor disables OATupdates. then in the last paragraph you defend meta-doctored phones that receive the OTA update. You are contradicting yourself.

I don't have a Pre 2 just a frankenpre+ on sprint & my verizon frankenpre- received the 1.4.5.1 OTA & I never ran the official webos doctor for it. It still was on the meta-doctor that installs the tokens. So the OTA wasn't disabled.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 06/27/2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    I wasn't thinking. The Pre Plus is the one that OTA updates are disabled. I'm not sure about the Pre 2. >.> woops

Anyways even if it was meta-doctored, he still received the notification for the update. The only way for that to happen is if it was pushed to him in the first place.

Still, really stinks that we're all stuck here waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I wasn't thinking. The Pre Plus is the one that OTA updates are disabled. I'm not sure about the Pre 2. >.> woops

Anyways even if it was meta-doctored, he still received the notification for the update. The only way for that to happen is if it was pushed to him in the first place.

Still, really stinks that we're all stuck here waiting.
    I'm just saying maybe he read the story about it & said he had it when he hadn't actually got it yet. Even with the 2.1 OTA that went to the pre + & pre- there were more than just 1 person that said they received it. In this case he is the only 1 in the community with it. I'm surprised nobody asked for a screenshot or something.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    Soooooo, anyway. Moving on. The update obviously isn't available yet. Does it really matter, though? I remember reading tons of posts on here about how buggy it was.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast