Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I haven't gotten any update as well however found several articles released yesterday (Thursday) that Big Red is rolling out the update. For all the suspicious out there its just a quick Google search.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    All mobile sites are stating the exact same thing, "that the updates are rolling-out in batches or sporadically." I will believe once an additional person reports that they have seen the update.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    All mobile sites are stating the exact same thing, "that the updates are rolling-out in batches or sporadically." I will believe once an additional person reports that they have seen the update.
    All it takes is for one site to post it and all the magpie sites follow along with the story.

I'm with you, pow, until someone else here on PC posts that they have the update, I'm not believing this.
    Anyone tried to see if you can get the doctor from Palm. If Verizon released it the doctor would be available soon after.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Anyone tried to see if you can get the doctor from Palm. If Verizon released it the doctor would be available soon after.
    Just checked, still 2.0.1
  6.    #46  
    Ok this has to be a fluke. My personal VZ Pre 2 got it but another one here at the office still says 2.0.1 is up to date There are others that said they got it so I know I aint crazy, yet. Sorry for the hype but this appears to be a fluke of the servers allowing the update on some devices. Since the 1.4.5.1 update did the same thing with a handful getting it early, maybe the same applies here so public release is HOPEFULLY around the corner.

For god sake I wish they would stop playing with this and just release it
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Okay, so more than just the OP got the update.

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Okay, so more than just the OP got the update.

He is the OP for this thread.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just doctored using the test-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 meta doctor script. Skype works and all the VZW carrier apps are there. Also, it uses a newer version of the voice dial app from the Veer that fixes some of the bugginess. I think I'm going to stick with the meta doctor.
    Verizon HP Palm Pre 2 Receives webOS 2.1 Update - Softpedia

HP Palm Pre 2 users rejoice, as the webOS 2.1 is about to be deployed by Verizon in the next few days to all customers who own the smartphone.

Reports are in that the update is now being rolled out gradually, so users should be patient if they do no find the update at first glance.

If everything goes smooth and feedback is positive it shouldn't take more than 3-4 days to deploy the webOS 2.1 update to all HP Pre 2 devices.
    vzw pre 2, delaware area no update.......stuck with 2.0.1. Annoying considering I upgraded from a vzw pre plus with 2.1 that worked fantastic with blackbird kernel, to a pre 2 with no good homebrew available. It makes since considering once this is released there will be no devices running 2.0.1. No mode switcher no dosbox no exhibition no advanced system behavior or tweaks....makes me VERY happy with my upgrade...maybe vzw reps were right to laugh in my face when I asked for pre 2...the guy even stopped one of his co-workers and he laughed in my face too and asked" why the hell would ya want that phone!". Oh well "coming soon" will do I suppose.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Verizon HP Palm Pre 2 Receives webOS 2.1 Update - Softpedia

HP Palm Pre 2 users rejoice, as the webOS 2.1 is about to be deployed by Verizon in the next few days to all customers who own the smartphone.

Reports are in that the update is now being rolled out gradually, so users should be patient if they do no find the update at first glance.

If everything goes smooth and feedback is positive it shouldn't take more than 3-4 days to deploy the webOS 2.1 update to all HP Pre 2 devices.
    See see the rare few were not crazy!!!

Figured it could a controlled release but this is way too controlled. It works, didn't brick my phone so it's ok to mass release now Verizon!
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    See see the rare few were not crazy!!!

Figured it could a controlled release but this is way too controlled. It works, didn't brick my phone so it's ok to mass release now Verizon!
    I am quite jealous that you got the update and we did not. I've been dying to try out Ndrive since VZ navigator is terrible lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    I am quite jealous that you got the update and we did not. I've been dying to try out Ndrive since VZ navigator is terrible lol.
    I gotta admit I am too. A lot. lol.

Have two promo codes I haven't been able to use!!!Wifi media sync (won in the FP contest) and a Music Player Remix (won in the karaoke contest)

At least it's coming.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    This is the way VZW works unfortunately. The same process took place with my OG Droid. Launched with 2.0 and the upgrade to 2.1 followed shortly after only it started with a few devices the first week and then a mass update after that.

"Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Anyone? Sat 1 PM eastern time and still nothing.

Nothing yet.
    8:25 pm California and no update.
    10pm mountain time & still no update. This is crap in my book.

1:54AM EST 1:54PM Hong Kong time & still no update.

Time to go to the bathroom again, I'm so ****ed. -.-
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast