Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Still nothing.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Nothing for me either. :-(
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    Can't help but feel that someone is yanking our chain..
    It's 11:02 in Cali and no update. Hurry up and wait. This sucks.
    nothing here. 420AM central time.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    6:20am EST, no update here.

Starting to wonder about this...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    nothing official on the VZ support site or the community forums. just a post from a regular user re-iterating what's been said out here on the blogs. very suspect...
    Nothing here in SouthCarolina as of Friday June 24 @ 8:25 am.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    Nothing here yet in MA, but patiently waiting. Would be great.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Charleston, SC and no update available as of Friday morning.

If and when 2.1 does become available, do I have to remove all my patches before updating? If so, is doctoring the best way to do that, or can I just remove them individually?
    I wouldn't doctor. Be sure to remove at least themes and kernels, probably not a bad idea to remove all patches, although may not be necessary. If you don't remove all the patches, run the emergency reconstruction utility from Preware to recognize all your IPK's.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I wouldn't doctor. Be sure to remove at least themes and kernels, probably not a bad idea to remove all patches, although may not be necessary. If you don't remove all the patches, run the emergency reconstruction utility from Preware to recognize all your IPK's.
    See, now I have to ask what an IPK is and if I should run the reconstruction utility before or after updating, haha.

I don't have any themes or kernels, just patches. Would a patch for 2.0 just become non-functional if I updated to 2.1? Just don't want to melt my phone.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I don't have any themes or kernels, just patches. Would a patch for 2.0 just become non-functional if I updated to 2.1? Just don't want to melt my phone.
    Just to be on the safe side just fire up Preware and remove your patches one by one. Keep hitting "later" on the luna restart messages until you've removed your last patch and then allow it to restart Luna and you should be good to go.

Might not be necessary, but better to be safe than sorry, IMO.
    You definitely won't melt your phone.

An IPK is a package container, or a file format, that you download your apps in, like homebrew apps or app catalog apps. Think of it like a .zip file that installs on your phone.

If you have homebrew apps I think they'll automatically be removed from the update, but I could be wayy off on that.

If you have any 2.0 specific patches, that have 2.1 equivalents, remove those for sure, other than that you could possibly get away with keeping the rest. After you update to 2.1, open Preware and see if all your patches are recognized. If they aren't, that's when you run the reconstruction utility. The utility checks the phone to see what patches and homebrew apps are installed (but not showing up) and updates the list on your phone.

Then go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    You definitely won't melt your phone.

An IPK is a package container, or a file format, that you download your apps in, like homebrew apps or app catalog apps. Think of it like a .zip file that installs on your phone.

If you have homebrew apps I think they'll automatically be removed from the update, but I could be wayy off on that.

If you have any 2.0 specific patches, that have 2.1 equivalents, remove those for sure, other than that you could possibly get away with keeping the rest. After you update to 2.1, open Preware and see if all your patches are recognized. If they aren't, that's when you run the reconstruction utility. The utility checks the phone to see what patches and homebrew apps are installed (but not showing up) and updates the list on your phone.

Then go to town.
    Awesome, thanks!

Now I will be completely unproductive at work today because I'll be checking every 10 minutes to see if 2.1 is available yet...
    Has anyone else actually seen the update? I'm growing suspicious, too.

How about the brilliant Arthur Thornton patch that makes Classic work on 2x--should that be removed before an update, if/when it ever shows up?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Has anyone else actually seen the update? I'm growing suspicious, too.
    Nope. No one has seen it with the exception of the OP of this thread and supposedly one guy at webOSRoundup. The "announcement" post on VZ's support forum comes from a user, not a VZ employee. All VZ tech support channels are denying the update as well.

*shrug* who knows.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Another tweet from @VZWSupport :

VZWSupport VZW Support
    by BradenFontaine
    @BradenFontaine Palm/HP has not communicated any official word to VZW on an OS update release for today. ^AE
    Oh well, it'd be nice to get something new to play with, but I'm not dying for 2.1.
    No official word yet, also note the word 'today'.

It is coming soon.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast