Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    that was fast :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    So I had a chat with Hp and this is how it went....
    i wouldn't think an HP rep would know if and when Verizon is releasing an update.

ET
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I doubt this actually means anything, but since yesterday I haven't been able to get any response from the System Updates app. Usually it just tells me my software is up to date, but now it just sits there with the loading indicator spinning forever.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Does anyone have a guess about why PreCentral isn't covering the absence of an update, after they said the update was coming?
    What do you mean by "covering"?
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    What do you mean by "covering"?
    writing anything new?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    writing anything new?
    Nothing yet....

I doctored back to 2.0.1 after the new uberkernal crashed my phone and sent it to an infinite boot loop. I was tired of dealing with gps issues as gps fix took forever to locate my position. Going to wait for this update to come out. Hopefully in the next weeks/months....
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    I just checked for an update and got a different than normal message. It just said, "your phone up to date." Normally, as you all are probably aware, it also normally indicates what version you have. Strange
    This is really getting ridiculous. I would prefer to not have to Doctor my device to get 2.1 on it. Why Verizon is holding this up so long is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    This is really getting ridiculous. I would prefer to not have to Doctor my device to get 2.1 on it. Why Verizon is holding this up so long is beyond me.
    I totally agree. WebOS 2.1 has been out for a while now. We are missing out on so much including features of webOS & apps.

just metadoctor it already!
    I would, but having doubts about my ability to make it work. I have read the Wiki several times. It is a confidence thing.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    I would, but having doubts about my ability to make it work. I have read the Wiki several times. It is a confidence thing.

Well, you really have nothing to lose by trying other than some of your time. You'll know way before you get to the point of doctoring the phone whether or not you got he whole process to work. And if you do somehow manage to screw up the phone you can just use the official doctor to go back to stock. I think some folks might be spending more time worrying about whether or not they're up to the task than they would have spent doing the whole process had they just given it a try.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    just metadoctor it already!
    with HP's recent announcement https://developer.palm.com/distribut...ic.php?t=17265 its going to be hard to say whether metadoctoring will work anymore.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    with HP's recent announcement https://developer.palm.com/distribut...ic.php?t=17265 its going to be hard to say whether metadoctoring will work anymore.
    I think that the worst case scenario is that you have to doctor back to 2.0.1 with the official doctor. I don't think meta-doctoring can actually permanently break anything. If you haven't meta-doctored yet, you can still try it. If you find that you can't log in to your old profile then just doctor back to 2.0.1. No big deal, except for the 15 minutes you lose waiting for the doctor to do it's thing.

There could be an issue for those on 1.x devices running 2.x because it used to be possible to make a profile unusable on 1.x after an upgrade to 2.x, but that is not an issue for Pre 2 users who have never had 1.x.
    might actually try out the metadoctor when i get home. i have no idea what i'm doing but the guys on here do such a great job writing up wikis i shouldn't have a problem, unless i'm a complete *****...
    installing virtual box/ubuntu right on windows was actually ridiculously easy. Building the meta-doctor on a vbox ubuntu worked flawlessly also having ubuntu run in a window is VERY cool. I used a old meta-doctor thread from p|c plus upgrade Wiki to figure it out, maybe I or someone should upgrade instructions on internals page for how to do this
    cross-platform meta-doctor guide this is the guide I sorta followed just don't try to set anything like shared folders up till ubuntu is finished installing. Once you get to step 7 in this guide don't use directions on this thread anymore and start from setting up meta-doc/2.1 upgrade page over @ webosinternals.org
    I had meta-doctored to 2.1.0 a while back, but since the test script was promoted to stable i meta-doctored again to regain skype and get voice dialing. It seems now however that the Weather Window app I purchased isn't able to be installed. I can't even find it in the App Catalog, but I can find the "Lite" version. When I installed the lite version and tried to upgrade it, I got a message saying it's not available for my device.

Could this be related to the different script for the meta-doctor? Is there any way I can force install Weather Window, with Impostah perhaps?
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I just realized that I don't have Skype on my meta-2.1 VZW Pre2. I built the metadoctor using meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 on Friday, August 12th.

EDIT: Never mind. I thought it was supposed to be an app. The Synergy account capability is there. (There's not supposed to be an app, is there?)
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast