Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    2.1 has NOT been released for Verizon, just like 1.4.5.1 hasn't been released for Sprint. Get over it already. Meta-Dr. to 2.1 if you want it & leave this topic alone. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by mwr0707 View Post
    Like "Mission Accomplished"?

Perhaps we should avoid this subject....
    Oh, I totally agree. We don't want anyone getting their feelings hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    dunno, I think the full TP stuff is in 2.2
    true dat. 2.2 is when SMS through the TouchPad is supported. Who flippin knows when we'll see 2.2 - a year maybe? My guess is never on the Pre2.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have no problem getting a Pre2 then manually putting 2.1 onto it, but it is going to be a pain in the *** when anything after is released I will have to doctor the phone
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    2.1 has NOT been released for Verizon, just like 1.4.5.1 hasn't been released for Sprint. Get over it already. Meta-Dr. to 2.1 if you want it & leave this topic alone. . .
    I would love to do that but I have a couple of apps that Save/Restore doesn't back up so doctoring will make me lose quite a bit of important data. I'm holding out for an OTA to save me a ton of re-typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    I would love to do that but I have a couple of apps that Save/Restore doesn't back up so doctoring will make me lose quite a bit of important data. I'm holding out for an OTA to save me a ton of re-typing.
    You can always go to the Save / Restore thread & ask for support of the apps concerning you. Please note the bounty associated with requests detailed in the first post.
    Picked up a Pre2 first week of June from ebay and left it in the drawer while I waited to see what happens.
    Turned it on today using devmode and found it has 2.1 on it! Looks official, has VZW navigator icon, mobile hotspot icon, exhibition icon, voicedial. Am rubbing my eyes--device info says 2.1
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Picked up a Pre2 first week of June from ebay and left it in the drawer while I waited to see what happens.
    Turned it on today using devmode and found it has 2.1 on it! Looks official, has VZW navigator icon, mobile hotspot icon, exhibition icon, voicedial. Am rubbing my eyes--device info says 2.1
    Is Skype integration there?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Wonder if it has been meta-doctored.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Wonder if it has been meta-doctored.
    Any way to tell? Would it have all those icons on it or would it be missing some?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Any way to tell? Would it have all those icons on it or would it be missing some?
    I think you can look at what ROM it's running in Impostah under Device Profile. Or you could just see if Skype is an option under Add Account in the phone app preferences. The MetaDoctor doesn't add Skype support.

Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    So I am lazy... and I am not going to make an unbuntu box just to upgrade to 2.1 although I really want to... is there no windows method? or am I just reading the wrong info.
    So I am lazy... and I am not going to make an unbuntu box just to upgrade to 2.1 although I really want to... is there no windows method? or am I just reading the wrong info.
    I'd like to know this as well. Would be very helpful.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I think you can look at what ROM it's running in Impostah under Device Profile. Or you could just see if Skype is an option under Add Account in the phone app preferences. The MetaDoctor doesn't add Skype support.

Impostah:
    carrierROM Nova-Verizon-Roadrunner-114
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    There is a Windows method, but it involves running Ubuntu in a virtual machine. So, basically, you do need to make a Ubuntu machine in software, you just don't need to do anything with hardware. If you don't want to make a partition on a hard drive in your main computer, you can do what I did and stick the Ubuntu virtual machine files on an external hard drive.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Impostah:
    I realize now that I was making an assumption that the carrierROM would be different for a MetaDoctored device than for a stock device. So, this may not actually be an indication of anything. I will know what a MetaDoctored carrierROM looks like when I get home and fire up Impostah on my Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1. I have the stock 2.0.1 on my recently acquired Verizon Pre 2 that's with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    I realize now that I was making an assumption that the carrierROM would be different for a MetaDoctored device than for a stock device. So, this may not actually be an indication of anything. I will know what a MetaDoctored carrierROM looks like when I get home and fire up Impostah on my Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1. I have the stock 2.0.1 on my recently acquired Verizon Pre 2 that's with me.
    thanks, am curious to know
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    I'm far from a linux expert but couldn't you just burn a live CD and use it in conjunction with a stick drive (for downloads) to accomplish this? Let me know if I'm stupid.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Impostah:
    Okay, I just looked at my Pre Plus that's been MetaDoctored to 2.1, and the carrierROM is "Nova-WR-Castle-285". Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the "WR" in place of "Verizon" is an indicator that a non-Verizon build of webOS was used to MetaDoctor the device. So, Bluenote, since your carrierROM specifies "Verizon" rather than "WR", I believe that you are running the official Verizon build of 2.1. That is quite intriguing! Not to mention lucky!

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    So I had a chat with Hp and this is how it went....
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast