Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    F104A 1.4.5-185 here. Works great on my Sprint Pre. Never had any problems with this kernel. Running at 1.1/500.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    the name of the 1.4 ghz kernal is the f14 tomcat
    Thanks.
    hi could anyone help me after trying F14 1.4Ghz kernel my phone is in a boot loop.
    Any idea's many thanks in-advance
    Quote Originally Posted by 7iain7 View Post
    hi could anyone help me after trying F14 1.4Ghz kernel my phone is in a boot loop.
    Any idea's many thanks in-advance
    Try holding power button while switching the mute button on & off 3 times or pull the battery and wait a minute or two before replacing. If that doesn't do it, try to install the stock kernel via WOSQI. If WOSQI won't recognize your device, the easiest fix would be a trip to the doctor. You can try a memboot from the webOS Internals wiki page, but a doctor might be easier...
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    well I forget the kernel's name, but I'm running the 1.4ghz and it runs like a dream.

Not sure on battery life, but it doesn't seem to overheat.

Also, why are you missing the advance patches? They are available for 2.1
    I decided to run without patches to completely test the 2.1.0 experience. It definitely is a cut above 1.4.5. I would have continued on but, I like the convenience of the Advanced patches. Also unthrottle downloads and a few others made it unto my phone. WebOS 2.1.0 is definitely much better for those who do not use homebrew. I hope HP releases it or something better to the masses soon.

I am not overclocking. The speed is great as is.
    When I first got my Pre 2, I installed the 1.1 ghz kernel. It wasn't really much faster and I went back to stock for a couple of months. I installed SR71 yesterday and have to say, it is pretty sweet and noticably snappier. I will have to evaluate the battery drain, but I don't really have an issue with the Pre 2 because I have the 1400 mah battery.

And yes, the Pre 2 is very fast and doesn't really need overclocking, but heck, you don't really need to drive a Corvette just to get to the store. But it sure is more fun.

And if my battery life stays good, I will probably try 1.4.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12