1.    #1  
    It's happening.
    I sold my iPhone 4 today and ordered a Pre 2 of Amazon.
    It'll get here in about 5 days at most.
    I'm still a little shaky about no longer having the i4.
    It was an iPad, Dell Streak or Pre 2 and I went with the Pre 2.

Do you think I did a good thing? I hope I like webOS 2.0 and all.

P.S. The community on Pre Central helped me make my decision so Thanks all!
    SB =================================================================
    welcome here, have you used webOS before? If not, then make sure to download preware and do some patches, all legal.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I see the Pre in your list of phones, so welcome back. I also have the Pre 2, there is no adjustment at all. Hopefully we will see some of these 15000 apps in July.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, Had two Pre minuses, Loved them. Sold the first because I had the chance to get a 3GS Last year when I still liked the iPhone then realised I missed it, Then got the chance to get an iPhone 4 and took it, But I still long for webOS so I figured I'd come back.
  5.    #5  
    One question, is webOS 2.1 out yet officially?
    For the Pre 2, yes.
    congratulations, I like pre2.
    I'm on the US carrier Verizon, so I have 2.0.1, but I believe all GSM phones are at least 2.1.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks people, (I've thanked you all).

Is there anything else you think I should know then about the Pre 2?
    The advanced patches in preware are pretty awesome. It is so much more productive when one can open each email for example in a new card especially with the new stacks feature.
    Welcome back. I have a Pre 2 on Sprint. There have been some downs but, overall I love it. It is so snappy without overclocking kernels. In my opinion, it is much faster than my Pre Plus was overclocked. Everything is much smoother. There is a bug list thread where some people have reported what troubles they have had. I browsed through that before getting one. It is probably a good idea to peruse it. You may find any deal breakers for you there ahead of time. I hope you stay. The Pre 2 is what the launch Pre should have been. There are also better apps available in my opinion for webOS 2.1.0. Check out webOS Quick Install 4.1 (no doctor needed), Preware, Internalz Pro, Dr. Battery, JStop, Luna Manager, Clock Sync (corrected a webOS2.1 bug for me), Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus Patches, BFG Maps, Map Tool, Geostrings, Bad Kitty, Carbon, Dr. Podder, TuneIn by Radiotime, Wifi Media Sync, pReader, Newsroom, Notes, jVault, Done, Impostah, and Universe web browser to name a few. All have forum pages you can browse in the mean time. The webOS Internals wiki page is also a good place to browse. Good luck.

I forgot my most used app: Music Player Remix 2.0
    Last edited by crucian4; 06/22/2011 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added MPR 2.0
  12.    #12  
    Thank You all, I really can't wait to get it now.
    Be on the lookout for apps that integrate Just Type.

If you have the Koto Player, for example, just type the name of a song and you can play it directly from the just type window, nee universal search. Without opening any apps or scrolling through menus to find the song.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I like how you call it "the Koto Player". It's just Koto Player lol. That's my favorite music player though.

Things you should know, uhmm, try not to drop it because the gorilla glass will shatter while the plastic on the pre would just crack. You don't have to worry at all about minor scratches, but you should still baby it like every other gadget. It doesn't get as hot as the pre, but try not to leave it in the sun. It's very fast, but not faster than a rocket ship....

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

BTW I just saw another Veer commercial, for the 3,000th time this week.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I like how you call it "the Koto Player". It's just Koto Player lol. That's my favorite music player though.
    Your favorite music player on the webOS?
    BTW I just saw another Veer commercial, for the 3,000th time this week.
    Just a few weeks ago, the forum was in upheaval over the lack of webOS advertising. Am I detecting a twinge of annoyance in your post? Have we already reached the point where the forum is going to be in upheaval over too much webOS advertising?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    funny I haven't seen a single Veer commercial on TV yet. what networks are they airing on?

Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Your favorite music player on the webOS?

Just a few weeks ago, the forum was in upheaval over the lack of webOS advertising. Am I detecting a twinge of annoyance in your post? Have we already reached the point where the forum is going to be in upheaval over too much webOS advertising?
    lol, I don't think we'll get to that point. Not for a while anyways.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    funny I haven't seen a single Veer commercial on TV yet. what networks are they airing on?

I've seen a lot of them on Discovery.
    From what I can tell the most recent Pre 2's being shipped in the UK come pre installed with 2.1, mine did until it broke lol, I had to doctor it and had major issues connecting to the PC but I am happy again I took fxspec06 advice and just kept at it and it is now running like it was out of box
  20.    #20  
    Thanks everyone, I have it now and it's on 2.1.0