1.    #1  
    Will the Pre 2 work with the touchpad in the same way that the pre 3 is suppose to work?
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Touch to Share will not work. Forwarding phone calls and text messages will with a software update.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I would like to know this also...

From what I understand with the upgrade to WebOS 2.2 on the Veer and Pre2 (shipped on Pre3) we can link the phone to the TP for txts, calls etc- and for the Veer + Pre3 use Touch to Share

So the question lies...will Verizon/AT&T or HP bring the Pre2 into the newer WebOS...

I look forward to the homebrew peeps getting my Pre- with this software once its avail :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Touch to Share will not work. Forwarding phone calls and text messages will with a software update.

-Skippy

*Should* work with a software update.
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    *Should* work with a software update.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think it will.

Unfortunately, the Pre 2 does not have the same "communication coils" that the Veer and Pre 3 have in them.

What you are forgetting is that while the Veer does not do touch to share now due to a lack of software, it shipped with the necessary hardware inside to do touch to share.

The Pre 2 on the other hand did not.

So while a software update will allow the Veer to work with Touch To Share, its not really the update that is allowing this. On the other hand, the Veer as we know it now is actually limited because of an early software release disabling Touch to Share, not the other way around.

I am doubtful touch to share will work on the Pre 2. Even when it eventually gets WebOS 3.0

Its not a software issue, its hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I dont think it will.

Unfortunately, the Pre 2 does not have the same "communication coils" that the Veer and Pre 3 have in them.

What you are forgetting is that while the Veer does not do touch to share now due to a lack of software, it shipped with the necessary hardware inside to do touch to share.

The Pre 2 on the other hand did not.

So while a software update will allow the Veer to work with Touch To Share, its not really the update that is allowing this. On the other hand, the Veer as we know it now is actually limited because of an early software release disabling Touch to Share, not the other way around.

I am doubtful touch to share will work on the Pre 2. Even when it eventually gets WebOS 3.0

Its not a software issue, its hardware.
    TTS is initiated by TouchStone coils and the data transfer is handled via bluetooth.

23:50 into the video, Tim starts talking about handling or merging multiple Palm "HP" profiles. At 25:00 into the video, Tim talks about having enabled a feature with his Pre 2, but he made no promises that it would be available on anything other than the Pre3/Veer or newer generation devices as he was not on a "Production build" of webOS. He said the function would be enabled by the next software update (which is consistent with the TTS function). I couldn't hear the question at all, which annoys me GREATLY. Based on context, I believe that is Touch To Share technology.

Equally concerning to the Pre 2 users should be the fact the functionality is enabled by the next software update, which he didn't know if the Pre 2 was getting. In other words, he wasn't sure whether or not the Pre 2 would be supported going forward. The very thing that prevented me from considering the Palm Pre 2.