Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My email has worked without a hitch from day one on my Verizon frankenpre 2 running on Sprint. About 4 days ago, however, it stopped synching email. I found hitting the manual synch button just caused the virtual circle to rotate and new mail was never pulled down.

I've since deleted and re-added my yahoo email. Funny thing is it syncs my folder names, just no email.

I've re-booted many times. I've deleted and re-added my email from both within the email app and also the "accounts" app.

I am able to send emails although on one of my installs I couldn't even do that.

Settings:

Incoming mail server
    palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com

SSL Port 993

Outgoing
    SSL Port 465
    palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Again, I can send email but the funny thing is when in settings if I click validate settings it says unable to validate incoming mail settings... I know my user ID and Password are correct.

I'm running 2.1.0

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

Thanks

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Bump

3.    #3  
    Anyone else having problems with yahoo email?

I tried setting up my yahoo email account on my fiance's Pre Minus. It worked perfectly. I could send and receive emails.

On my Pre2 (sprint frankenpre) I set up my yahoo email. It syncs and shows my yahoo folders, I can SEND email, but cannot receive. I set up my gmail and it both sends and receives.

I have deleted my yahoo and gmail (just in case it was interfering) and re-added but the same problem persists with the yahoo email.

Any suggestions?

I tried pulling the battery, on and off airplane mode and multiple resets.

Thanks

noticed this as well, vzw pre plus running 2.1

I accessed yahoo mail via the mobile website, then returned to the email app and everything sync'd ok after.

hope that helps.
  5.    #5  
    Will give that a shot. Thanks.

6.    #6  
    I accessed my yahoo email through the web browser following your suggestion. However, this did not solve the issue.

Again, I can send emails through yahoo using the pre's built in email. However, I cannot receive any through yahoo. Gmail works perfect.

Any other suggestions?

Who else is having this problem?

I'm actually having the same exact issue on HP Veer right now
  8.    #8  
    I've had yahoo email for over 10 years. I have a gmail account and am considering making it my primary email account.

My yahoo email just suddenly started working again.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  10.    #10  
    I wish mine would work. How long was it down? Did you delete and re-add your account or did it just kick into gear all on it's own?

This is a weird glitch I wish there was an explanation/answer for.

Hm, I'm also having a problem with my Ulocked GSM Pre 2 and my yahoo email.

I noticed it yesterday, but I think the problem started the night before, so 6/22.

My problem sounds very similar to the OP's description. New mail had simply stopped coming down from my Yahoo account. It's my default account, and I have 2 other gmail accounts set up on my Pre 2.

Hitting the refresh button didn't help. No new mail came down.

I tried 1) removing the account from within the email app (I think...tried so many things, I'm not *entirely* sure I did this one), then re-adding it--didn't work, 2) removing the email part of the yahoo account in Accounts and re-enabling it, 3) I tried removing the account entirely and putting it back in. Didn't help--no mail came down.

What did seem to help was removing the account in Accounts, then rebooting it, *then* re-adding the account with all relevant apps enabled, including email. That *did* work, partially...

..so I did get mail to come down, and newer mail from after the previous stopping point. But only the from and subject lines showed in the inbox scene for that account. When I click into an email, it tells me that it has to download the content of the email.

But the last email that came down was at 8-something this morning, and I definitely have email that came in after that. And now it's back to the completely ineffectual refresh-but-nothing-new-comes down state.

There's no setting I can find in the email app's account settings to just download header info.

And just now, I disabled the email component of that account in Accounts (after which I got a banner notification that the phone would delete that info), but the email app still has both that account and all the incompletely downloaded email from that account.

I think I'll try rebooting now before I take further steps... 'bye for now (as I'm typing this on the phone in question).

UPDATE AFTER REBOOT: The email & account were still in the email ap. Then i went back into the accounts app, and that Yahoo account. The email part was still enabled! So that's when I relearned soomething about webOS settings screens--the guideline design behavior is not to have a save button, and for the back gesture to do the saving...and I hadn't back-gestured out of the that accounts settings screen before this last reboot. So this time I disabled the email part of that account, and backed out of the screen. Account is now gone from the email app.

Now...let's see what happens when I re-enable it...

...it downloads new email, but it's missing the most recent one, which the mobile Yahoo mail via the browser shows came in "now" (previous one is 15 min ago). However, the email app on the phone still is only downloading the header info for that account, whereas the one gmail account that I've tested does get the whole message down automatically, w the first line of the body visible in that account's inbox view.

Ugh.
    Last edited by Shadowhawk; 06/24/2011 at 02:14 PM.
  12.    #12  
    I solved the problem entirely!

I switched to Gmail. in Gmail you can import ALL of your yahoo folders, contacts and emails. Also for 30 days you can have all your Yahoo email forwarded to your newly created Gmail account. Then, make sure you go into Yahoo email on your PC, go to email options, and set a "Vacation Away" message stating you have a new email address (and state what it is)....

My headaches are now gone on this fiasco!

Same email problem as the OP hit me 2 days ago. Sprint Frankenpre2, which has been running flawlessly since July. I've got the following patches installed: Device Menu Megamix. No overclocking.

I tried the following:

1) Rebooting. No change.
    2) Checked email through the Yahoo Mobile site. No change.
    3) Deleted the Yahoo account and recreated it. No change.
    4) Tried the Workaround Yahoo fix. Got email for half a day, then it stops. This time it won't give any errors, I just know I have email the phone isn't getting.
    5) Deleted the account, shut down phone, restarted and recreated the account. No email!

I'm not even getting any error messages. Initially I was, "Check login credentials". Now, I get the spinning balls and nothing comes in. I check the mail through the mobile site, see new mail, but nothing comes through the email app.

I also have a TouchPad which connects to the same accounts. Its still working fine. I also check my Yahoo mail through the web browser on my desktop.
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
    The problem is that Yahoo is utterly broken. Yahoo IM doesn't work right on the Pre, kinda works on the Touchpad, and works intermittently in Pidgin. I've even had to try logging into the webmail site multiple times to get it to work.

So I'm dumping it and switching the one person I talked to on Yahoo Messenger to something else.
    I have had this happen when one specific email causes yahoo to freeze up when syncing, usually because the email has some non-standard characters or some weird html coding, I usually go to yahoo.com (or m.yahoo.com on my pre2), find the first few emails that did NOT sync and delete them or move them to a different folder. This usually fixes it for me
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Ug. Now I'm getting the 1299 error.

Deleted the account and used the 1299 error work around. It downloaded the sender and subject of 64 recent emails but not the first line of body text.

This happened before too. Once it downloaded the emails, it wouldn't find any new emails, even if new ones showed up.

My Touchpad isn't having any problems with this...

Grrr.
    Casio Databank watch, Casio BOSS, Sharp Wizard OZ-8600 256k, HP Palmtop 360LX, Palm IIIc, Motorola StarTac, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre, Palm Pre2, HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I have had this happen when one specific email causes yahoo to freeze up when syncing, usually because the email has some non-standard characters or some
    weird html coding, I usually go to yahoo.com (or m.yahoo.com on my pre2), find the first few emails that did NOT sync and delete them or move them to a different folder. This usually
    fixes it for me

and which of the thousands of email I have are the culprit?

there has GOT to be some answer to this? Maybe a call to webosinternals...
    Well I had the yahoo email problem, did the workaround and that had been working fine until I tried to send an email today and it wouldn't send it. I haven't really tried to troubleshoot it yet. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I did the error 1299 workaround and its been working fine, way better than it did when I first had to use the workaround. Annoyed because I used to be able to tell Yahoo mail from my work email (because of the notification icon).

I contacted Yahoo on this issue, which they responded with a very apologetic email and suggested I use Yahoo's POP settings. I'm a Yahoo Plus subscriber, so pop access is available.

I just tried the standard yahoo setup again. No go. Still getting the 1299 error. The error lists a path that I'm assuming is on my phone:

Unspecified error: 1299 - Cookies got from the server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahooCommand.cpp.182

I'm thinking of looking on both my Pre2 and my Touchpad and see if there's a similar file and what the difference might be...

The pop settings work fine, so if you are a Yahoo Plus subscriber, that's another option for the 1299 workaround...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast