1.    #1  
    Again, I went over to hpwebos.com and went to the palm instant chat tech support. I asked if there was a way to make my phone stop randomly restarting. He first asked if I had any homebrew apps on my pre. I said I did but not anymore (I thought they might be the problem also.)

The guy said that this problem can be a result of downloaded apps OR from closing the keyboard too hard.

Then he told me to back up my data using the Backup app. Then he told me to "Erase Apps & Data" (Go to the device info app, tap reset options, erase apps & data)

"Erasing apps and data deletes personal information, including contacts, tasks, calendar events, and memos, and also deletes applications. It does not remove data stored on the USB drive."

No need to backup pictures or music because they don't go anywhere.

After that, sign into your palm profile account and you should be good.

Lets see if it works!

(This was on a Verizon Pre 2)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    Again, I went over to hpwebos.com and went to the palm instant chat tech support. I asked if there was a way to make my phone stop randomly restarting. He first asked if I had any homebrew apps on my pre. I said I did but not anymore (I thought they might be the problem also.)

The guy said that this problem can be a result of downloaded apps OR from closing the keyboard too hard.

Then he told me to back up my data using the Backup app. Then he told me to "Erase Apps & Data" (Go to the device info app, tap reset options, erase apps & data)

"Erasing apps and data deletes personal information, including contacts, tasks, calendar events, and memos, and also deletes applications. It does not remove data stored on the USB drive."

No need to backup pictures or music because they don't go anywhere.

After that, sign into your palm profile account and you should be good.

Lets see if it works!

(This was on a Verizon Pre 2)
    I wonder whether it works?
  3. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    fingers crossed that is corrected in the OTA coming in a few days ~
  4.    #4  
    it helped, but it did not solve the problem completely. I still get random results but not as often. It seems that the fix wares off as you download more apps. Hopefully we do get a fix in an OAT update..
    sounds like a loose battery losing contact when the slider snaps shut.
  6.    #6  
    how do I fix the loose batter connection? I have read about it somewhere in the forums before but I never really paid attention to it and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone please explain how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    My phone has been doing random restarts, but its a FrankenPre2 on Sprint so it could be something else.

I did notice that the restarts happen most when I'm at the office. I turned wi-fi off and that seemed to solve the random restarts. I had wi-fi problems connecting with my Pre-, ipconfig failure, unresolved hosts, etc. It would sit on the touchstone and try to connect to wi-fi all day. It would get pretty dang hot doing that (45-48C according to Govnah!). Turning the wifi off solved it on the Pre-, and seems to keep my Pre2 more stable...

If that solves the issue for you, I'd call it a wi-fi problem. Incompatibility with the wireless router, config, dunno.

Let me know if that helps.
  8.    #8  
    I don't ever really use wi-fi so I don't think that's it but thanks for trying to help.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I too have a FrankenPre2 (originally Verizon) and had seen restarts. Non-scientific observations: I had multiple per day, and I turned off Flash (not just click to flash, but completely off in Browser) and that seemed to help for a month. After a month or so, restarts were happening again, though less frequently (once a day).

I followed the suggestion on the other thread to do a erase apps and data reset and that seemed to help again. Assuming it is a "over time" issue, I'm also running Preset Reset to do a daily reset.

I hope I don't need do an erase reset periodically, though with WebOS 2.x, the restore from backup was not too inconvenient.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    how do I fix the loose batter connection? I have read about it somewhere in the forums before but I never really paid attention to it and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can someone please explain how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Place a piece of foam or some paper in between the battery cover and the battery.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Completely anecdotal, but it may be correlated with Bluetooth audio devices. I turned BT off on a trip, and didn't get any Luna restarts during 1 week, where I was getting one a day. It isn't scientific since I didn't use my Pre 2 as much.

For others experiencing this, are you using Bluetooth audio devices (I have a headset and a car it, both support A2DP)?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    For the last few days my Verizon Pre2 has also been doing an unplanned restart. It happens while it is charging on the touchstone and I notice it when I hear the charging sound around 430am. Everything seems to be fine, so I am not sure why it might be restarting on its own.
    I have had a Pre2 for about 2 weeks or so now and it was an insurance replacement for my Verizon Pre+.

It is restarting several times a day. I have noticed no pattern thus far. I do have homebrew apps installed, with several patches.

Anyone with any luck so far with this problem?