Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Pre2 was supposed to be a go between of my plus to the 3 when it came out. Yet, this is a sweet phone and as long as it keeps getting updates I see no reason to move to the pre3. I like the 2's size and have no reason to use the touch to share if and when I get a TP. I am a happy camper.

ET

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Me too!!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Ya and there both getting webOS 3.0 hopefully!
    If your not experience lag then its your phone. The pre 2 with a 1 gb processor does not lag; yet a 1.2 DUAL-CORE Droid lags 'allot'. It's just your preference folks.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    me2!
    I specifically pulled the trigger on the Pre2 because I like a compact phone. I'm very pleased with it and feel no pressing need to upgrade.

The one thing that would be nice is the auto focus camera, but that can wait until my next upgrade. Hopefully in the interim they'll have something mid-sized with that feature.
    wait till you get to try out a pre3 you might change your mind !! just sayin lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I decided to stick with my Pre Plus. If you're on a budget, but rely on the data, you can't beat the free mobile hotspot. I have yet to find another phone that offers as much for the price. And with the patches, I'm quite happy with it.
    I recently purchased my Pre2. Like it but I'm not happy with the "Mail" app because it doesn't support Gmail IMAP and due to that it's kind of limited for me. This part really makes me miss my Android (htc Desire).

Apart from that, I find the browser not useful as well.

I'm unable to decide whether I should switch back to my htc Desire or stick with Pre2. I like the Pre2's form factor, WebOS's elegance, multi-tasking but lack of some apps and the above mentioned limitations, kind of, make me feel that I may change it.
    Since I planned on getting the Touchpad, I wanted a pocket friendly phone. The Veer would not have full access to all the apps, so I chose the Pre2. And feels kinda good to see that 'old' logo on the back! I've had a problem with POP support, gmail works great, forwarded POP accounts to it.
    I am quite happy with my Pre+. Great for texting, multiple email accounts work (Gmail, hotmail, groupwise) and the free mobile hot spot. The only think is being stuck at 1.4.5.1 we do not get the new apps which are all 2.0+. I have considered jumping to 2.1 but have not done it yet.

I would love to have a Pre2 if they would upgrade the webOS to fix the email bug I keep hearing about.

Has anybody transplanted a comboard from a Pre+ to keep the free mobile hotspot?

I keep seeing posts where the freetether is very slow.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am keeping my Pre 2 now. Need to stop spending money. Email with Hotmail is better than using Gmail on the Pre 2. That is because you can setup Hotmail as an Exchange email and get all the calendar functions I need. Haven't had any Luna Restarts in a long time since I done that.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
    I recently purchased my Pre2. Like it but I'm not happy with the "Mail" app because it doesn't support Gmail IMAP and due to that it's kind of limited for me. This part really makes me miss my Android (htc Desire).

Don't indict the Pre2 because of the bugs in WebOS 2.0. I suspect most of your issues with mail is corrected in pending upgrades.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I'm unable to decide whether I should switch back to my htc Desire or stick with Pre2. I like the Pre2's form factor, WebOS's elegance, multi-tasking but lack of some apps and the above mentioned limitations, kind of, make me feel that I may change it.
    IMAP Gmail works fine for me on 2.1. Same with exchange hotmail and my school email.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    IMAP also working fine for me as well, but I wouldn't even know that if POP didn't have so many problems (I made GMail account to gather my POP account...). But yeah, super phone!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I also migrated from a Desire and am not at all sure why you're having problems given a very similar use case to my own. I find the browser first rate - much better and smoother than the stock Android browser. They're both WebKit based browsers so should render pages identically. What site are you having problems on? Similarly the Gmail - mine works fine on push settings.

Also have to agree with the others in the thread. For me, the Pre3 is going too far in the direction of the huge lump-like smartphones. I love the form factor of the Pre and Pre2 - I think it's the perfect compromise between portability and functionality. To be entirely honest, if my Pre+ hadn't had very poor wifi signal I'd have stuck with that. As polished as the Pre2 is as a device I see no real difference, performance-wise between my Pre+ doctored to 2.1 and overclocked to 1.1MHz, and my Pre2 also overclocked to 1.1MHz.
    A related observation:

It's great to see that people are finding a WebOS smartphone formfactor that they realy feel works for them...

There is no 1 right formfactor, that's why HP's plan to provide various formfactors was a wise move.

I, personally, will upgrade to the Pre3 from a Pre+.. I'd like more screen room and that faster processor, but, I do have to admit, the Pre2 was tempting.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    wait till you get to try out a pre3 you might change your mind !! just sayin lol
    That is exactly what I'm thinking. I need to hold the 3 in my hand to decide.
    I picked up a Pre2 today from Verizon for $49 for my wife. She loves her Pre Plus and will be tickled with the new phone, especially at that price! We have no use for a tablet, so the Pre3 has no appeal as it's price will be sky high I am sure. We use the web and our email, and chat some and that is about it. WebOS is great for our use. Hope the Pre2 works well.
    As a pre 2 owner, I will be upgrading to the Pre 3... simply because my gf needs a new phone and I will unlock and give her the pre2.

works for both of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    As a pre 2 owner, I will be upgrading to the Pre 3... simply because my gf needs a new phone and I will unlock and give her the pre2.

works for both of us.
    As long as the Pre 2 is the phone your gf wants...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast