1.    #1  
    Why is it so in WebOS that when we reply to email which delivered a notification to us that someone wrote on our wall, sent us a message or whatever and in that email it's also written by facebook that reply to this email to comment on that post, but that reply via email, ONLY in WebOS doesn't do anything. It shows that it's been delivered but it doesn't do anything on facebook. This is not the case in Android, iOS, or BB.

And this is the message which I received from facebook for not updating (the post or whatever)

"The comment you tried to submit via email could not be submitted because of the following error:
    You must enter text before adding a comment.

Please try submitting this comment through the Facebook website instead.

Thanks,
    The Facebook Team"

Now the question is that I (we) do enter the text, because that's the reply to be sent, so whey doesn't facebook recognise that "text" sent from WebOS and it does recognise when sent from Android, iOS, and BB.

I really miss my android for this. Because, since facebook doesn't do "Push" notifications (at least for now), it was a breeze to reply to that email to respond immediately.

Does anyone know why it happens in WebOS?
    Last edited by fahadchaudhry; 06/19/2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: A things needs to be added.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    the facebook app has been broken for awhile now. They are working on WebOS 3.0 and the launch of new devices before they start fixing the older versions im guessing. There was another thread somewhere about this.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    the facebook app has been broken for awhile now. They are working on WebOS 3.0 and the launch of new devices before they start fixing the older versions im guessing. There was another thread somewhere about this.
    Facebook app isn't the problem, instead why "reply email" sent from WebOS's mail app doesn't get recognised by facebook.
  4.    #4  
    I've found this on Google. Or in short words, "Gmail IMAP access is not officially supported by WebOS devices at this time".
    Palm webOS - Gmail Help

After this, I changes my contact email address from Gmail to Hotmail but unfortunately, for Hotmail a/c on my Pre2, there is no option for "Push Email" (as it arrives). So, again, no use of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
    I've found this on Google. Or in short words, "Gmail IMAP access is not officially supported by WebOS devices at this time".
    Palm webOS - Gmail Help

After this, I changes my contact email address from Gmail to Hotmail but unfortunately, for Hotmail a/c on my Pre2, there is no option for "Push Email" (as it arrives). So, again, no use of this.
    It you setup your hotmail as an exchange account you will have the push (as items arrive function)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It you setup your hotmail as an exchange account you will have the push (as items arrive function)

What will be the "Incoming mail server" and "Domain"?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
    What will be the "Incoming mail server" and "Domain"?

Thanks
    https://m.hotmail.com
    Nothing in the domain field

Thanks
    DerB@ndit (PreČ WebOS 2.1)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DerBandit View Post
    https://m.hotmail.com
    Nothing in the domain field

I tried to link my hotmail account with facebook and then linked hotmail with "Exchange" in my Pre2, with the perception that WebOS might support IMAP for hotmail and through "Exchange" I would get instant notifications. But like always, hotmail proved to be the most unreliable service, even the confirmation email sent to hotmail from facebook hasn't arrived in hotmail yet, let alone all that "facebook push notification" stuff.