1.    #1  
    Hi today my Pre 2 just shut off and when I turned it back on all that I got was the glowing HP logo, I have tried a Doctor and it does nothing but say contact Palm.

I could connect it to the PC and attached the WebOS quick Intsall and it shows this

Any ideas how to fix this? I can't return to HP as I bought it off eBay BNIB just a couple of weeks ago!

On another note I have reverted back to my Pre-, just out of curiosity if I get my Pre2 working again will it reinstall my Pre2 Profile?

Thanks

Paul,
    You can most definitely return it to HP.

The warranty is tied to the serial number, it doesn't matter one bit where you got it from.

I'd drop them an email and head on over to the support chat website. =)

Remember the Pre 2 isn't even a year old yet. All Pre 2's that anyone has right now are still covered under warranty.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Have u tried forcing usb mode(recovery mode) and then connecting the device when the doctor tells you? Also, if the person you bought it from is willing to email or fax you a copy of the original receipt HP will honor the warranty. The original purchase receipt is all they need. I have done it myself.
  4.    #4  
    I have the large white USB icon on the Pre screen but the Doctor just shows this for the last hour... not sure why it is charging the phone as it was full battery as it was on the charger all night.

I will ask for a receipt from the seller and see if HP will take it back.
    There's still a couple things you can try:

If the Dr. is stuck on charge, restart the novacom drivers.

Open task manager, go to the services tab, right click 'novacomd' select stop service, then start service, then run the Dr. again.

If it's getting stuck at 8%, follow these instructions to a t and you should have no problem getting it to finish.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

You should still contact HP If u try fxspec06's suggestions and they do not work and the seller is not willing to send it to you. Maybe the seller my be willing to send it to HP directly. It needs to be marked with the service request number when it is sent to HP.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help but it looks like I am gonna try have to see if HP will take it back as I now get this -

Are you using the 2.0.1 doctor or the 2.1 doctor? Have you tried using both?

9.    #9  
    Im using the 2.1.0 Doctor as the phone came with 2.1 installed, I never thought of using the other one... I will give that a go now!
  10.    #10  
    Well I am now unable to get any Doctor working as there is no next button to start the damn thing! As UK support was closed I spoke for an hour with a US tech guy who went through the usual stuff but no luck either he reckons it is a hardware failure. He said they won't replace it but may repair it, only had the thing for 19 days!!!

Going to call HP tomorrow see what they say, most likely end up with a dead phone and no replacement knowing my luck!
    Have you tried pulling the battery, waiting a minute or two and then reinstalling the battery?
  12.    #12  
    yep done that, it seems that for some odd reason it won't go past the boot screen, all I get is the HP glowing logo
    Keep restarting the novacom drivers, trust me they need to be restarted a bunch of times. Honestly, just keep trying repeatedly and it should work eventually. If the next button doesn't show up, restart the drivers. If it's stuck at battery charging, restart the drivers. Keep task manager open, keep trying. Go to the WOS Internals wiki page I suggested, read it a few times, and if you think you can figure out how to do that then do it. If you have access to another computer, try running the doctor from that.

I know you shouldn't have to do all these things.. but you can fix it with a little research and patience, and you'll never have to go to HP. Also you will learn much in the process.

14.    #14  
    Ok so I kept my Pre2 and kept trying as fxspec06 suggested, finally after a few days it did eventually connect but I had to use the 2.0.1 doctor and then upgrade to 2.1 OTA.

I have a few issues with it but it is running at least!

Issues:
    1) The phone now takes 5 mins or more to boot up where as before it was well under 2 minutes.
    2) The phone seems to have issues remembering what just happened! For example I would download a patch or an app and it says installed, go to app luncher and it's not there!!! Some apps just won't install at all, patches take anything from 5 to 10 attempts lol
    3) Battery consumption is now dreadful, got two batteries and they both get drained within a day, before I could go a whole day on just one.

So I have a dilemma do I try a re doctor and hope it solves the issue or wait and see if we get an OTA update and see if that solves the issues above. My only concern with a re doctor is that it took me three days to get the phone back up and running as it just stalled on installation almost every time...

This is the latest WOSQI info I get when it connects to the PC -

Thanks for all the advice both past and future

Paul,
    Go into device info and perform an 'erase apps and data', then reboot and see if the issue persists. Reason being, is that a doctor doesn't erase the USB partition. You should uninstall all patches before doing this.

And make sure to back up your data!

16.    #16  
    Hey done that and guess what it crashed again!!! Wouldn't go past the HP start up logo But good news for some reason the next time I doctored the phone I tried using the 2.1 doctor and it connected straight away and within an hour I was back up and running, the only thing that seems to annoy me is the touch screen will occasionally not respond straight away.

But It is working, all my apps are there, well except for the following free ones, I lost Monopoly, Need for Speed and Sims plus drpodder and music remix but I will buy the last two, never really played the games and to pay 21 for them it's not worth it!
    Last edited by leobloom; 06/25/2011 at 06:34 AM.