Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by

I did consider making my own doctor way back when but gave up. I saw a ton of command line which I know is cut and paste but I just didn't want to mess it up.

Here's a question for you.

Once I get this doctor do I follow these steps?

1. Take comm board out of her now activated sprint pre minus?

2. Put her sprint comm board into the pre 2.

3. Put pre 2 into usb mode by holding the volume up button and inserting the micro usb cable.

4. Run your doctor.

In theory I should get past the blue cloud screen with the spinning circle. I'm guessing next it will ask for her palm profile. (should I have logged out of it on the pre minus first?

When will I see the EV icon and Sprint logo on the Pre 2?

Appreciate it

[i
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums[/i]
    Yes, those are the steps. Can't remember about the icons, sorry. Your Verizon Doctor is made and uploading to Dropbox right now (this takes about an hour). I'll send you an email link, so check your junk box if you don't have it soon. Cheers!
  2.    #22  
    Matteebee, I downloaded the file from the link you provided this morning. I will try and install on Saturday (my day off) and will report back.

You are a terrific person. Thank you for helping me.

Let's say I put her Sprint Comm Board in the pre2, run the doctor and it doesn't work. Can I just pop her comm board back in her Pre Minus with nothing changed? From my understanding the doctor does not flash or erase the comm board but I could be wrong.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Your comm board should not be changed in any way during this process. A word of caution.. Occasionaly I have messed up a makefile. Once you have this working download "Show Properties" via Preware and check to see if you get two values for DMSETS i.e. {312,314} or something like that. If not, let me know & I can make you a new one. I don't have a Verizon Pre 2 to confirm the one I sent you works...
  4.    #24  
    Will do. Thanks for the tip.

5.    #25  
    Well... I tried the doctor you provides Mattee. Unfortunately it did the same thing as my other doctor and got stuck at the blue cloud screen with the spinning circle.

Thinking possibly running an official Pre 2 Verizon doctor might help I did this... Still stuck at the blue cloud screen with the spinning circle.

At this point I figured the Pre 1 hardware must be bad... "why was it stuck at the spinning circle even with the official verizon pre 2 doctor?" Therefore, to test this I popped in the Verizon Comm board and turned on the Pre 2. It got PAST the spinning clouds! I was surprised. It asked to confirm english and will definitely work on Sprint.

I'm all out of ideas. I just do not know why I can't get past the spinning circle on the Pre 2 with my Sprint Comm board.

Pre 2 is for sale at this point. My fiance is going back to her Pre -. $300 shipped.

Thanks for your help. Wish I could have gotten this to work.

6.    #26  
    Mattee,

Should I run the doctor you gave me on her Pre Minus first? Then swap the comm board and run the same doctor you gave me on the Pre2? I didn't know if this would matter.

Will the doctor you gave me put WebOS 2.0 on her pre minus?

If you go from 1.4.5 to 2.0, will your Palm Profile work if you go back to 1.4.5? She was not able to use her Palm Profile and had to create a new one when she went back to 1.4.5.

Thanks,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Yes, those are the steps. Can't remember about the icons, sorry. Your Verizon Doctor is made and uploading to Dropbox right now (this takes about an hour). I'll send you an email link, so check your junk box if you don't have it soon. Cheers!
    can you please email me a link.. Phone just randomly restarts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu View Post
    can you please email me a link.. Phone just randomly restarts
    I'll get on this soon... Been soooo busy. Could you please PM me your email address so I can dropbox a link to you? Which frankenpre2 doctor did you need?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12