1.    #1  
    Today I went on over to the palm website (well now hpwebos) and I got into a instant chat with a person from the palm technical support team. I asked her if she could help me upgrade my Verizon Pre 2 to webos 2.1. After 20 minutes of waiting and answering a simple question here and there, the answer that i already knew was stated. "WebOS 2.1 is not available." and "For Palm Pre 2 webOS 2.0.1 is the latest version available." I went on to ask why and I did not get an answer. Then i got a few links to check for the update. Why can't the Verizon Palm Pre 2's get 2.1?!?!?
    Blame Verizon..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    i'm hoping that since vzw is getting the pre3 in July with 2.2 that maybe pre2 will also get that build, so why bother going to 2.1 when 2.2 is 5 weeks away.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    It's a Verizon decision, not an HP decision.

Whatever their plans are they're not saying so anything here is speculation.

I love my Pre2. Would I like 2.1? Sure. But if they never go beyond 2.0.1 I will be happy because I bought the phone for what it IS and not what I want it to be.
    I think they are waiting till the next update is pushed to the Pre2's. Maybe 2.2
    HP Pre 2 to get webOS 2.2, Pre 3 release this Summer | Josephws's Blog | YouMobile

I found this site that stated 2.2 is set to release this summer for the Pre2
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    I'd be okay with them skipping 2.1 if it meant we get 2.2 relatively soon. Besides, you can meta-doctor your Pre 2 to 2.1 if you don't want to wait.
    Of course the unlocked phones would get the update first, so we would have to wait for that to be announced.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Palm Pre 2, HP Veer 4G and HP Pre3 are all capable of holding webOS 3.0 some why bother with 2.1....?
    Why should Verizon bother releasing 2.2 if 3.0 will be out "in the coming months"?
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Why should Verizon bother releasing 2.2 if 3.0 will be out "in the coming months"?
    Because at some point they need to pull the trigger and release an update? If they're always waiting for the next version they'll never get past 2.0.
    Nick
    I can tell you why Verizon isn't releasing any updates.. they are notorious for locking down the OS's on phones. There in lies the inherit conflict , you take a relatively open operating system, with hacks galore such as WebOS, and you try to shoe horn it into your control scheme and you get problems. They have to lock down the GPS so your forced to use their lame VZW navigator software at a premium, they have to lock down the data services so we can't use apps like freetether. They are working hard to change the OS so much to the point where we can't even tell what it is anymore.

If you can't tell I've had my own run ins with Verizon "technical support" and they are by far the worst! I've abandoned all hope of seeing anything from them by the way of updates, they have made their bed with the "droid" name so far that they have paid royalties to Lucasarts for the name. I mean go to the store all you see is DROID everywhere.. they aren't making money on the Palm line because they can't wheel and deal with it like they can the android phones. Pam isn't going to be putting out a new model every month enticing everyone to "upgrade"
    Don't think it has much to do with droid vs webos, they are just as slow with android updates. You got the control issues right though.
    I'm fine with my Pre 2 the way it is. Aside from the inconsistent operation of Google Maps, it does everything it's capable of just fine. I doubt any update is going to address the GPS issue anyway and that's my biggest point of contention. Seemed like 2.1 had its fair share of problems anyway.
  14.    #14  
    its not the point that 2.1 has anything better. Its the point that everyone else has it but us. We are being left in the dust. We should be up to date with everyone else...
    For the google maps complaints, i've had good success w/ it ever since changing my Location Services setting to locate me using Google Services instead of GPS.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm fine with my Pre 2 the way it is. Aside from the inconsistent operation of Google Maps, it does everything it's capable of just fine. I doubt any update is going to address the GPS issue anyway and that's my biggest point of contention. Seemed like 2.1 had its fair share of problems anyway.
    I thought the people that meta-doctored their Pre Pluses to 2.1 reported that the GPS issues had been fixed?
    Idk if they've been fixed or not.

I just meta dr'd today because i couldn't freaking wait any more.

GPS seems to be fine for the first time I've opened it.

But really IDK. I wouldn't really trust it. ever

Got my update today for my Pre 2...Installing as we speak....Despite this good news, after having heard HP is killing WebOS, I can't help but feel like my girlfriend broke up with me but still wants to be friends.