1.    #1  
    hi guys i purchased a pre 2 of ebay and it arrived today i just love this thing it is much better than my launch day pre
    i just wanted to find out some info from people who have have this phone.

.whats the best way of getting facebook chat?
    .are people overclocking the pre 2 and is it worth it, if so what kernels?
    .exibition mode?
    .what patches are a must install on the pre 2, what's your Favourite patches?
    .top apps, favourite apps?
    .best settings for battery life, ie email settings?

thanks people, this phone rockssss
  2.    #2  
    gutted i cant install 4x4 icons or full screen mode browser, ohh well
    Last edited by n00bftw; 06/17/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    I found installing patches to shut off data, GPS and adjust brightness and also to set minimum brightness much lower made a big difference on battery life. It's still pretty bad, but if you're on wifi (or don't need data) there's no point having data on, and there's absolutely no point having GPS on if you're not using a geolocating app.

Turning the brightness down to 25% or so helped a lot as well, and was surprisingly bright still.

Also pick up Dr. Battery just to keep an eye on your battery's health, and remember to run through a few full charge/full depletion cycles to condition it. That alone gave me 10% more after a few goes.
    F14 for 1.4ghz is the best OC kernel. Install the advance patches and behavior and options patch and tweak it all with tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    I don't use facebook chat. So I don't have an answer for you. Sorry.
    I am not overclocking. I really don't feel like I need to. It's plenty fast enough as it is.
    .exibition mode?
    It's ok. I really like the agenda mode during the day. But I've had to move my touchstone off of my nightstand at night. I can manually turn the screen off in exhibition mode. But as soon as I get an alert overnight, the screen turns back on and stays on - lighting up the room. There's an exhibition mode app called "Nightstand" which helps a little by putting up a black screen. But even a black screen is pretty bright in a dark room. I wish there was a way to inform exhibition mode to turn off the screen rather than display one of the exhibition mode apps.
    Since going to the pre2 I've been running stock, with the exception of a few homebrew apps from preware. So no patches for me.
    Koto music player is pretty good. As is Amigo, which has a exhibition mode app. I really really miss NaNplayer. None of the webOS 2.x music players that I've found are as good as NaNplayer was.
    Honestly, I have really not worried about battery life since switching. With my Pre-, it was a non-stop battle to find a charger so I could get through the day. But I've not had that problem with the Pre2. I get through the day pretty easily w/o needing a charge.

+1
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6.    #6  
    kill_Dano can you send me a pm with a bit more info about (advance patches, behavior and options patch) as i am new to the pre 2 world haha, i no how to install kernels and how to use govnah and that though. im not a complete noob, cheers bud

yeah i had NaNplayer on my pre- a long time ago and it woz awesome, gutted its not being brought back ill try koto player, what about music player remix?
  7.    #7  
    ? there must be more pre 2 users out there haha
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    hi guys i purchased a pre 2 of ebay and it arrived today i just love this thing it is much better than my launch day pre
    i just wanted to find out some info from people who have have this phone.

.exibition mode?

yes there are more Pre2 users out here, I've got a Verizon one, myself

1. I THINK there are messaging plugins for the standard Messaging app that will let you use Facebook chat, but I'm not sure if they're 2.0 or 2.1 specific. Will have to look in to that further.

2. I haven't bothered overclocking since I haven't had any speed issues to speak of.

3. I'm still on 2.0.1 (no official 2.1 from Verizon yet) so I don't have exhibition mode on my Pre2

4. Disable Charging Alert Sound/Notification, Advanced System Menu, Close Slider To Hang Up, Date In Top Bar...

5. Carbon or phnx for Twitter, Facebook, Clipboard, Forums, The Weather Channel, Today's Tasks.. I know there's more but its early and I haven't had my coffee

6. I haven't had to worry about battery life much with the Pre2. It's only an issue if i'm in a low signal area for an extended period of time. If I have solid signal all day it's not uncommon for me to still have 40% or so left after being off the charger from 6am to 11pm.