Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    bet a touchstone and car adapter for the perfect car kit and charging solution. Vzw online has been blowing them out cor cheap.
    More crap to plug in and buy when the car has perfectly usable USB ports? One reason I got MFT was to end the days of plugging crap in the lighter socket, except for my radar detector!

I do have a touchstone....it is cool but its on my desk. I don't want two of them.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    What do you want to do with Ford Sync, receive calls? Play music? I have transferred all my contacts to my ford sync automatically. Now I press a button and say dial home and it dials home. Or I can receive calls over car stereos or redial the last number from steering wheel or any number by voicedial. All is done through bluetooth. Is that what you are asking? Just let me know what you need that iP did that pre-2 doesnt. It doesnt support text messaging over bluetooth, which sync doesnt allow you to receive or send anyway's if you are travelling over 5 miles an hour.
    I want to play music when driving. I don't really need to play video. Bluetooth for the phone and having contacts, etc. isn't an issue. That's a feature on the cheapest basic phone with BT.

Can I stream music over BT? Iphone does this...but USB is 'better' quality.

What about texting on MFT? (and text to speech) Iphone does NOT do this. That was disappointing. Android does.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that you should hunker down and deal with an inferior experience. I'm just suggesting you give webOS's strengths a chance to prove themselves. In the end you might not like it anyway, but approaching it with a hopeful mindset can't hurt.

one thing you should do is install preware to get your homebrew and patch fix. While there aren't any real VKB's yet, there are plenty of other ways to tweak your phone experience.

Also, webOS 3.0 on tablets will have a VKB... Maybe it will carry over to the phones too. Though that will be a while before phones get the update.
    Thank you! I will get into the preware.
    vk is not available for 2x in preware
    It took me exactly one minute to figure out my pre on launch day. I really don't understand all this stuff about a having to read a manual. But I guess people learn differently.

I told my daughter how to drive a stick and she did it. And my wife cried and gave up after hours of trying
    It seems it took you longer to write all these in the forums than learn the gestures
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    For someone who has jail broken their iphone (which must have required quite a bit of reading) I am surprised that you did not bother to even check out you tube for instructional videos.

That aside, you have a right to your opinion, I came from iphone as well and my Pre is my fav device. I think you will find that if you ask for help there will be lots of people willing to give it.

I was under the impression that usb mode also charges the phone just not as fast. Also, in just charge mode (in a car or connected to AC or even a PC) you can use the phone to do anything you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    vk is not available for 2x in preware
    it is absolutely available for 2.x
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    More crap to plug in and buy when the car has perfectly usable USB ports? One reason I got MFT was to end the days of plugging crap in the lighter socket, except for my radar detector!

I do have a touchstone....it is cool but its on my desk. I don't want two of them.
    same reason u use a wireless remote on your tv. Wireless solution is awsome.

try to be a bit more open minded. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it is absolutely available for 2.x
    prepare says not available for 2.1, placeholder only. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    It would be great if it were in the app store. It's not jumping to a conclusion if its an easter egg I did not find. It's an expectation and astonishment that what is there cost $5 with mixed reviews.
    I find it funny that someone who has jail-broken their iphone is complaining of features not being built in stock with the phone when its unofficially included through homebrew.

Check out Preware. It is simple to install and is the equivalent to jail-braking an iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    It seems it took you longer to write all these in the forums than learn the gestures
    Really, what is there to learn, a baby can figure it out. But to be fair, I had six months reading about webos before I got my phone so I kinda already knew how it works
    prepare says not available for 2.1, placeholder only. Am I missing something?
    I am using 2.0 and using it to type this reply. The op is on vzw and will also be on 2.0
    Thanks. I wonder what's up with that. Everybody is gonna be on 2.1 soon and loose the vk.
    With touchstone as cheap as they are now I can't imagine why the op would'nt want more than one, especially in the car. Really prefer to fumble around with wires?
    I want to play music when driving. I don't really need to play video. Bluetooth for the phone and having contacts, etc. isn't an issue. That's a feature on the cheapest basic phone with BT.

Can I stream music over BT? Iphone does this...but USB is 'better' quality.

What about texting on MFT? (and text to speech) Iphone does NOT do this. That was disappointing. Android does.
    akon;

Forgive me, but, it really does appear, from your posts, that you are just intent on complaining that the Pre is not an iPhone, and are really upset that this device was forced on you, putting you into a position where it just coudlnt win even if it was perfect for you.

Honest.

I wrote you a point by point response earlier, and, judging by your consequent posts after it, I doubt you even read it - it appears that you are here to complain and not to learn - I hope that isnt the case, because, honestly, this is a great place to learn about WebOS and your device, if, you are truly open to it.

Please reconsider your posts, and, try to understand that you CAN find help here, if you cite an issue that you have with the device, clearly, and what it is you'd like to do, rather than just complain about why it doesnt do it like the iPhone does.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Gestures are not something you learn in school. It takes half an hour to learn and saves you this time x100000 in the future when you don't need to go to menus-widgets-central buttons and other things and you finish your job in mere seconds.
    It is one feature that makes webOS better than other OSs. However if you feel that you miss all the things iOS offers you, then you probably shouldnt have left the Apple-train.

Apart from that I can understand the frustration from someone using an iphone and being new in webOS. There is no need to instantly attack him. What I cannnot understand is some users that still lurk in these forums only posting negative things or thanking people that stress negative things.
  18.    #58  
    It took me exactly one minute to figure out my pre on launch day. I really don't understand all this stuff about a having to read a manual. But I guess people learn differently.

I told my daughter how to drive a stick and she did it. And my wife cried and gave up after hours of trying
    Think of it this way. You own a Tivo. Then your cable/FIOS company convinces you to try the Motorola POS DVR. Since Tivo has been around for a long time, you would guess they'd emulate it a bit.
  19.    #59  
    With touchstone as cheap as they are now I can't imagine why the op would'nt want more than one, especially in the car. Really prefer to fumble around with wires?
    Why? Put USB in the car? It wouldn't occur to me that I wouldn't be able to charge via USB. You have to admit, that is a shortcoming.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Gestures are not something you learn in school. It takes half an hour to learn and saves you this time x100000 in the future when you don't need to go to menus-widgets-central buttons and other things and you finish your job in mere seconds.
    It is one feature that makes webOS better than other OSs. However if you feel that you miss all the things iOS offers you, then you probably shouldnt have left the Apple-train.

Apart from that I can understand the frustration from someone using an iphone and being new in webOS. There is no need to instantly attack him. What I cannnot understand is some users that still lurk in these forums only posting negative things or thanking people that stress negative things.
    The more I explore, the more 'why doesn't it do this' comes up. Yet, I am keeping an open mind, but folks - this is like reading the "The Cave". I do miss the killer apps I had and hope they get ported. I hope it does more than work as a basic Bluetooth phone in the car. I hope someday I can use the USB port as God intended.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast