1.    #1  
    I just got my PalmPre 2 because I my employer doesn't support iPhone. Has anyone had luck getting the Pre2 to connect via USB using the MFT? I get message, "device not supported"?

Akon
    Any reason you can't use Bluetooth? I don't have any experience with this MFT thing but going to the page, it looks like it supports BT
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The only way I was able to get it to work was to put my Pre in USB mode but then I couldn't use my phone for anything else. I just connected it through bluetooth.
    are you talking about the usb port in the dashboard? If so, that's only there to provide power to charge a device. Blutooth is how the phone talks to the sound system.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/16/2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I paired my Pre to my dad's MyFordTouch this weekend and it worked fine, and streamed audio, and controls even worked on BT enabled apps.
    The only thing webOS doesnt do is send text messages over bluetooth to Sync. I have a 2011 Escape Hybrid, I use blutooth to take calls on my ford radio. We are not missing much as sending and receiving text messages on sync doesnt work if car is travelling more than 5mph
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Any reason you can't use Bluetooth? I don't have any experience with this MFT thing but going to the page, it looks like it supports BT
    It does support Blue Tooth as a phone...but I cannot do:

1. MP3 Playback
    2. Charging
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    The only thing webOS doesnt do is send text messages over bluetooth to Sync. I have a 2011 Escape Hybrid, I use blutooth to take calls on my ford radio. We are not missing much as sending and receiving text messages on sync doesnt work if car is travelling more than 5mph
    MFT/Sync works great while driving. What it won't do out of park is playback video. Of course, if you are driving, voice command is better option than messing with a resistive touch screen. It's too bad Ford cheaped out and did not go capacitive. it would offer a much better experience.

I am also curious to know if I can get a composite video cable to playback netflix or other "ipod" video via USB like I can do with iPhone....
    it doesn't do bluetooth audio? That's kinda lame