Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Here's the fault with my Unlocked Pre 2. When the slider is open, any usage of the gesture area makes the screen section rock towards the keyboard section. I've tried talking to palm support on the chat service and they told me to doctor the phone, which doesn't make a great deal of sense given that it's a hardware fault. What should I do, tell them i did doctor it and go from there?

Thanks, Tom.
    they dont understand what you are saying. My advice is to not press so hard when using gestures.
    Wasn't it always like this? My Pre 2 and Pre Plus do that, but just about 1mm. It's more noticeable in the Plus tho. And I really think they didn't understand you at Palm chat
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I made sure they understood me, and my Pre - was never like this...I don't have to "press hard" on the gesture area at all, just using the gesture area causes this behaviour.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The gesture area only needs a light touch...
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'll say again, this happens when pretty much touching the gesture area. Nevermind.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Sorry, it just looks like you were pressing hard in the YouTube video, not natural at all.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Hey Tom,

This happens when the screws inside your phone are loose. There's some T (Torx) 5 screws that you'll have to unscrew, and then some small phillips (+) screws you'll need to tighten, after taking apart the phone. If you're not comfortable doing this, let me know and PM me. I can do this for you maybe this weekend or so and send it back to you on Monday.

Its not a big issue at all, but if left alone for a while it could wear down the loose screws...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Hey Tom,

This happens when the screws inside your phone are loose. There's some T (Torx) 5 screws that you'll have to unscrew, and then some small phillips (+) screws you'll need to tighten, after taking apart the phone. If you're not comfortable doing this, let me know and PM me. I can do this for you maybe this weekend or so and send it back to you on Monday.

Its not a big issue at all, but if left alone for a while it could wear down the loose screws...
    The problem is that at least one of the torx ones has a.... really small "palm" sticker, which will void your warranty if broken
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Looks like I'm leaving it as is then until my warranty runs out. =/
    Did you call HP for a replacement?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'll get back to them tomorrow I think. Looks like I'll be telling them that I doctored it when I didn't. Woops!
    Oh right, my bad. I normally assume anyone who posts problems is past their warranty at this point. >.<.

Yeah, I would definitely warranty it if you're still under.
    Yeah it looks like you have to press pretty hard in the video to get it to "rock." And when I first read your post I thought you meant the screen... like the actual screen... as in when you do the gesture area, the picture on the screen rocks up and down, which would be a software issue and a doctor would fix it.

If the rocking is really as bad as you say, HP/Palm will replace the product. Just tell them again and explain it to them in way that makes it sound like the top half on the phone is rocking just from a light touch.

But on the video, it looks like you have to press pretty hard.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    They've told me I have to pay for shipping AND it'll take seven to TWENTY days to repair it =/ Tempted to repair it myself, but then, breaking a warranty would be a pretty dumb thing to do. I'll be phoning the helpline in a couple of hours or so to put in the repair order then.

Thanks for everyone's help.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Update : Just received it back from HP - hasn't been repaired at all, despite being told it had via email. Looks like I'll have to repair it myself, forget the warranty =/