1.    #1  
    Finally, I purchased my Pre 2 (my first WebOS device and I'm coming from htc desire) from ebay, UK for 139 and I'm so excited that I can't wait to lay my hands on it - I'll receive it on Wednesday most probably.

In the mean time I need to ask a few things.

First, on Android, I transferred all my contacts to my Gmail a/c (profile) and deleted them from sim. So, is there an option on WebOS to link my Gmail and get my contacts in it? Or I should copy them from Gmail to sim?

Secondly, I've read a lot about Preware and though most of the readers will find it irritating to again answer the same question, but I'll highly appreciate if you could just tell me the easiest way to install it (I did a research on my own and found three or four methods, so which one is the easy?) and the advantages of it? Thanks in advance.

Thirdly, "Homebrew apps", again a question asked million time before but sorry for asking it again. Shall I be able to install them like normal apps from "Palm app store" or "WebOS store", or I'll have to install a different program to make them work?

Thanks (I'll ask the rest of the questions once I have gotten my Pre 2 and spent some time with it)
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Welcome to the WebOs World! :-)

Contacts in your GMail profile are fine. Just add it as a source for contacts and they all will download to the Pre2. Tip aside: Don't use Google IMAP, it kills the battery. EAS works better (You can configure it as an additional account, leave E-Mail in the regular google account turned off)

Install Preware via WebOs Quick Install... Howto here

With Preware you have access to the whole world of homebrew, all patches, apps, etc. searchable and downloadable

Greetings
    Chris
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Welcome to the WebOs World! :-)

Contacts in your GMail profile are fine. Just add it as a source for contacts and they all will download to the Pre2. Tip aside: Don't use Google IMAP, it kills the battery. EAS works better (You can configure it as an additional account, leave E-Mail in the regular google account turned off)

Install Preware via WebOs Quick Install... Howto here

With Preware you have access to the whole world of homebrew, all patches, apps, etc. searchable and downloadable

Greetings
    Chris
    Thanks, Chris