1.    #1  
    I am wanting to purchase a GSM palm pre 2 of ebay in the uk so i was looking at a few and found that there are some different MPN (Product Identifier) numbers from 2 different sellers, the numbers are:

palm pre 2 - MPN 1075EU-UMTS

and

palm pre 2 - MPN FB324AA#ABA

i want to find out what the difference is between these before i purchase 1 so if any1 can enlighten me, that would be awsome, thanks
    The first is a Palm product code. The second is a HP product code. I guess the latter is from a newer batch.
    I bought one in eBay. I think they're Manufacturer Product Number (or similar), For my Pre 2, the box show the following after my phone's Serial No. & IMEI:

HP PN FB320AA#ABB
    Palm PN: 1075EU-UMTS

I think it's UK (European GSM) version (900/2100mhz UMTS) as it seems that only UK HP provide this employee discount.

Hope it helps.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys well the 1 i am going to buy is with the code -
    palm pre 2 - MPN FB324AA#ABA which is the later release so i guess its all good, i cannot wait to get my hands on it, for 130pound it is a bargainnnnnnn my launch day pre is sooo goosed, any1 else baught a cheap pre 2 of ebay and how is it treating you? i hope it feels like a big step up from my pre-
  5.    #5  
    ?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bftw View Post
    thanks guys well the 1 i am going to buy is with the code -
    palm pre 2 - MPN FB324AA#ABA which is the later release so i guess its all good, i cannot wait to get my hands on it, for 130pound it is a bargainnnnnnn my launch day pre is sooo goosed, any1 else baught a cheap pre 2 of ebay and how is it treating you? i hope it feels like a big step up from my pre-
    Liking mine so far... It's a replacement for an iPhone 3GS 32gb (never really used more than 16gb so no worries there). Only things I'm not too happy about are lack of Skype, lack of paid app store access (partly my fault for not researching impostah before activating) and lack of a screen orientation lock

Loving the tweakability and on normal use my factory battery drains about 50% during the day.
  7.    #7  
    i no the palm pre not having skype sucks, what do you mean by this (lack of paid app store access (partly my fault for not researching impostah before activating)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I first activated my Pre 2 in an unsupported country on an unsupported carrier (the Netherlands/T-Mobile respectively). My access to apps is now restricted to the free apps that are available worldwide, as well as homebrew apps.

The Impostah app has a workaround for this issue, however in order for it to work it has to be run prior to registering the device with a SIM-card.
    Last edited by Nefiorim; 06/13/2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: not supported -> unsupported (shame on me ;))
  9.    #9  
    ahh tht sucks man is there no way around it for you ?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Probably not until HP releases its worldwide app catalog. Even then I doubt it until the TouchPad and/or Pre3 will be released over here. To make matters worse the Netherlands isn't even mentioned in the worldwide release announcement for now. Makes me a sad puppy...

Thank god I have my Pre 2 to comfort me