1.    #1  
    Hi
    I've to give my HTC Desire to my brother now because he is asking me for this since a long time. So, I was thinking about the replacement handset which I'll use after I give my handset.
    I've come across Pre 2, being sold quite cheap on ebay, UK. So, thought to ask for advice before I buy it.

My contract will expire in May, 2012, so definitely, then I'll buy the whatever latest WebOS device but right now I've to choose a replacement handset between BlackBerry Curve 3G or Pre 2. What do you recommend? What version of WebOS will Pre 2 be running on? Can it be upgraded to the one which is on Veer?

Any issues (Hardware or Software) with Pre 2?
    Pre 2 is an amazing phone hardware-wise and it will be supported in the new software versions (2.0+)

I'd say get the Pre 2!
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    I've owned both. And the Pre2 rocks.
    The Pre2 is supported by HP and will be getting future updates. It is a great device and will surly make you happy. The only things it won't do is make brownies for you and cure cancer. But if you can make your own brownies and don't have cancer it is a must have
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    No Contest; PRe 2. None of the BB phones are worth the price right now. They are on their last legs and won't be supported (in terms of software upgrades). Maybe when Touch2 comes out we can revisit but right now PRe 2 is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I'd recommend a Pre2 over ANY Blackberry.

Literally just got my Pre2 after owning a Torch for a while and prior to that a Bold 9000 and the Pre2 is better than those by a country mile.

Remember, the Curve is the budget model of the Blackberry as well.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I've had both. HATED the BB. The Pre2 is the winner...not that you'd expect anything different, considering you're asking a WebOS fan site...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    No Contest; PRe 2. None of the BB phones are worth the price right now. They are on their last legs and won't be supported (in terms of software upgrades). Maybe when Touch2 comes out we can revisit but right now PRe 2 is the way to go.

The next round of BB devices wont support next years OS, they're complete ****

Don't buy a BB. I hate my bold 9700, the crashes, the freezing, the battery pulls, it's a horrible device. I've been using it since November, RIM is hopeless.

EDIT: Spend a few days reading the crackberry forums, 90% of that site is doom and gloom. Even the mods talk bad about RIM.
    Last edited by Pithex; 06/11/2011 at 02:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I don't think I can add to anything that has been said already. So why am I posting? Is it because the Pre2 ROCKS and I think you won't know what you're missing if you go with Blackberry? Hmmm......
    Last edited by RafRol; 06/11/2011 at 03:06 AM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Pre 2 is super fun to use and once you get used to the cad system it's very hard to go back to anything else. Isn't there a return policy for phones in the UK? If yes, why don't you take it for a spin and use it for 1 week and see if you like it
    Hands down the pre2, all bbs are garbage compared to the pre2. I haven't seen a buggy os than OS6
    Quote Originally Posted by fahadchaudhry View Post
    Hi
    I've to give my HTC Desire to my brother now because he is asking me for this since a long time. So, I was thinking about the replacement handset which I'll use after I give my handset.
    I've come across Pre 2, being sold quite cheap on ebay, UK. So, thought to ask for advice before I buy it.

My contract will expire in May, 2012, so definitely, then I'll buy the whatever latest WebOS device but right now I've to choose a replacement handset between BlackBerry Curve 3G or Pre 2. What do you recommend? What version of WebOS will Pre 2 be running on? Can it be upgraded to the one which is on Veer?

Any issues (Hardware or Software) with Pre 2?
    Did you ask the same question on a BB forum? I bet they all say to go with the Curve 3G. At the end of the day, you make the call on what feels best for you.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSROCKS1 View Post
    Pre 2 is super fun to use and once you get used to the cad system it's very hard to go back to anything else. Isn't there a return policy for phones in the UK? If yes, why don't you take it for a spin and use it for 1 week and see if you like it
    I bought one for GBP 139 yesterday and I'll receive it tomorrow. Can't wait to lay my hands in it.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Let us know what you think!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Did you ask the same question on a BB forum? I bet they all say to go with the Curve 3G. At the end of the day, you make the call on what feels best for you.
    Although I didn't post a threat at "Crackberry", but recently my friend who has an iPhone, bought Curve 3G to use BBM. I got a chance to use his BB and in the end I decided that I would go for Pre 2 (the only reason if I bought BB would be that I just wanted to try a BB once and nothing more but I am in love with WebOS ever since I first saw original Pre)... and great news is that I bought brand new Pre2 for just GBP 139 yesterday; shall receive it tomorrow. Can't wait to use it!