Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vasselmeyer View Post
    Mate of a mate works for HP. Hearing two things:

1) All HP employees who are provided with a company mobile (think they use O2 in the UK) and use it to access their company email have been told to order Pre 2s from the internal system. From July 31st anyone not using a WebOS device to access their company email will have their mobile email access suspended. Many people have been using their own phones (Android, iPhone etc) because prior to this rule the standard HP phone was a Samsung Windows Mobile 6.5 which was awful. They now had to order Pre 2s. There have been so many orders going into the supplier that HP use to provide phones internally that they are on backorder. Currently looking at two weeks before the next lot arrive.

2) HP employees have been offered the Pre 2 through the employee purchase scheme for 99.

My guess is that HP have a massive warehouse full of Pre 2s that they know they'll never sell to the public because the Pre 3 is coming out so they're dumping them on the HP workforce as quickly as they can.

I got hold of a Pre 2 months ago but passed it on because the calendar was awful. Went back to my aging Blackberry.
    I too work for HP and I know the corporate policy never allowed Andriod or iPhones to access the Exchange servers. Only Windows mobile phones, and I believe Blackberry phones, were allowed to access HP Exchange servers.

I have not heard anything about being provided a Pre2 yet, but that's totally possible. Not sure what they will do since I already have a Pre2 as my personal phone which is connected the HP Exchange Servers. I won't complain if they want to give me another one.

-Skippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    I too work for HP and I know the corporate policy never allowed Andriod or iPhones to access the Exchange servers. Only Windows mobile phones, and I believe Blackberry phones, were allowed to access HP Exchange servers.

I have not heard anything about being provided a Pre2 yet, but that's totally possible. Not sure what they will do since I already have a Pre2 as my personal phone which is connected the HP Exchange Servers. I won't complain if they want to give me another one.

-Skippy
    easy to get your HP mail on an iPhone. I know several people that have it working. Same with Android phones. While not supported, people do it.

As for Pre2's to employees - this is for employees on the HP-paid phone plan only. If HP is not paying your cell bill, you won't be issued one of these.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    HP Employees (about 300,000 in total) are being offered Touchpad's at a 20% discount as part of the employee purchase programs - part of HP's thrust to make HP employees 'product ambassadors'. Employees will be able to order Touchpads as part of this plan middle of July (I assume after what HP hopes is a run on Touchpads in the retail channel during initial launch).

Also as previously reported employees on HP corporate phone plans are being required to switch to Pre 2's....Eating your own dogfood..

Since I'm a WebOS fan I'm happy.

As an employee here, I get nothing...

I heard that when MS launched WP7, the company gave all employees one brandnew phone. But looks HP is much meaner...

I am happy to be the webOS products ambassador. But can give good discounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
    As an employee here, I get nothing...

I heard that when MS launched WP7, the company gave all employees one brandnew phone. But looks HP is much meaner...

I am happy to be the webOS products ambassador. But can give good discounts?
    Does your position at HP require you to have a cell phone? Or do you work in an office or 100% home office? If you are not tagged as a field employee in the system, you get "nothing" as you put it. By nothing, are you saying you have to buy your own monitor, printer, laptop or desktop too? What about the apps on your primary work device? Do you pay of MS Office, anti-virus software, all the other stuff or does the company provide it? Just trying to understand what you feel HP owes you.

I don't see how it makes sense for a company to issue phones and pay the monthly bill to employees that sit at a desk all day. How is this a negative?

The only HP employees issued a Pre2 are those on a company funded cell plan - their plan, not the employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Having it on backorder and having a warehouse full doesn't make sense.
    It does, guy from Bangalore doesn't have direct access to warehouse, same as guys from all other countries. Also, US employees must wait logistics planning of equal distribution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    easy to get your HP mail on an iPhone. I know several people that have it working. Same with Android phones. While not supported, people do it.

As for Pre2's to employees - this is for employees on the HP-paid phone plan only. If HP is not paying your cell bill, you won't be issued one of these.
    Interesting.....then those employees lied. When you submit the request to be able to access the HP Exchange servers with a mobile device, you have to certify you're using an HP approved device, which iOS and Android are not.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    According to the guy that was trying to get me one there's no more stock left now
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    If HP are anxious to unload the Pre2 phones, and giving them 'at cost' to employees for $300? (that's the exchange?), why not sell it cheaper than the $450 from their website? I think it might be a policy implementation rather than a desire to 'unload surplus stock'.
    NNJ
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12