1.    #1  
    So i got my Palm Pre 2 two days ago, its unlocked and i intend to use 3 as my carrier as they other unlimited data with no caps. In the meantime i'm using my O2 sim.

I was hoping to be able to use the mobile hotspot i had read on the hp website, which would be ideal with unlimited internet, however i don't seem to be able to download it....am i missing something???

3 say on the plan i'm looking at, that tethering is allowed with unlimited data plans. But i can't even find the app in the catalogue.

Has anyone had success in the Uk for Mobile hotspot on webOS 2.1??
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Hi

Have you got Preware installed?

If not why not!!!!!!

If so download freeTether
    I think MHS is a Verizon only app. Freetether is free from Preware and works well.

I'm sure they'd appreciate a donation if you find it useful.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domjt View Post
    So i got my Palm Pre 2 two days ago, its unlocked and i intend to use 3 as my carrier as they other unlimited data with no caps. In the meantime i'm using my O2 sim.

I was hoping to be able to use the mobile hotspot i had read on the hp website, which would be ideal with unlimited internet, however i don't seem to be able to download it....am i missing something???

3 say on the plan i'm looking at, that tethering is allowed with unlimited data plans. But i can't even find the app in the catalogue.

Has anyone had success in the Uk for Mobile hotspot on webOS 2.1??
    I wouldn't use 3, the network coverage is terrible, us giffgaff, it is a small unknown carrier, but it runs on the O2 network, and for 10 a month you get 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet, have a look

Free SIM Cards | Unlimited Mobile Internet and Texts | giffgaff
  5.    #5  
    I'm happy with 3 at the moment, I have yet to see what the signal will be like for me when i travel in couple of weeks.

I have install preware, i was surprised how easy it was to install and how Hp don't mind it or seem to encourage it, as i noticed they sell an app which talks about it etc haha not like apple haha

Tehtering works over wifi now though so thanks everyone
    just for information, i installed Mobile Hotspot via ipkfetcher and it works like a charm.