Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Exhibition mode on my new Pre 2. It was working fine for a week or so, but now the notifications don't appear at all while in exhibition mode. The light flashes, but that's it, no minimised icons at the bottom or anything. I have to come out of Exhibition Mode to see them at all...can anyone help? Thanks

P.S. The only patches I have installed are a timestamp and and extra messaging protocols for the messaging app, but I can't see how these would be related.
    That doesn't sound right. Are you just using the Time app or do you have it set on some other Exhibition app? Are you not seeing the notification bar at the bottom ever? Does it show the same problem even right after a restart?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    That doesn't sound right. Are you just using the Time app or do you have it set on some other Exhibition app? Are you not seeing the notification bar at the bottom ever? Does it show the same problem even right after a restart?
    The normal time app, the notification bar is there when not in exhibition mode. Same problem after restart and switch on/off again =/
    Do you normally keep something in the notification bar? If not, find an app that can force something into the notification bar (like Pane Free) and then put your phone into Exhibition mode to see if it stays. Do you see the pop-up notifications (the ones that show and then disappear) or neither that nor the notification bar? What carrier are you on and which version of webOS are you running right now?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I load Pane free, place it on the touchstone, the notification goes away. I pull it back off, and it comes back. I don't see any sort of notification whatsoever other than the big, half screen missed call notification. Other than that I don't see the notification bar or anything.

I'm running on 2.1.0 and my service provider is Tesco Mobile.

Thanks!
    Can you get a screenshot of what you are seeing while in Exhibition mode. Press the Opt-Sym-P at the same time to take the screenshot. You can use the "Exhibition" preferences app to start Exhibition mode to make it easier for you to execute the three-touch manuever. I usually hold down Opt and Sym, and then press the P to do the screenshot.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I decided to ask Palm support, they told me to do a "Erase apps and Data" from device info app... Hope this hasn't P'd you off appsotutely! If they behaviour rears its ugly head I'll do that screenshot for you. He said it was the first time he'd come across the problem too!
    Were you using Mode Switcher? That has the option to mute or suppress notifications under certain circumstances. Also, check settings for how to handle notifications for each account when the ringer switch is muted. The default is sometimes to mute them.

Also, if you have the display set to go completely black on the Touchstone, that will suppress notifications... so it doesn't light up like the neon sign outside Kramer's window when you get an email at 3am.

I'll bet one or more of those factors contributed to this. I'll be curious whether the symptoms go away after you wipe the phone.
    "Erase Apps and Data" is always a good last resort. Remember to use the Save/Restore app if you have anything worth saving on your phone. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Were you using Mode Switcher? That has the option to mute or suppress notifications under certain circumstances. Also, check settings for how to handle notifications for each account when the ringer switch is muted. The default is sometimes to mute them.

Also, if you have the display set to go completely black on the Touchstone, that will suppress notifications... so it doesn't light up like the neon sign outside Kramer's window when you get an email at 3am.

I'll bet one or more of those factors contributed to this. I'll be curious whether the symptoms go away after you wipe the phone.
    Symptoms have gone away now I wiped it...I didn't have Mode Switcher, and the ringer switch was not muted. I didn't set the display to be completely blank either. As I said, the only patches I had installed were two messaging plugins, the timestamp patch and the messaging plugins. Removing both of them didn't help either.
    this just happened to me too. Not sure what to do. The "time" on exhibition mode doesn't have the "on/off" switch. I can only get the time to show when i press the power button on the touchstone. not automatic anymore.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I recently upgraded to a FrankenPre2 and am trying to get if to go completely blank when it is night and on the touchstone. Mode Switcher cannot do this with WebOS 2.x (Sconix has verified this on the forum). I am not that familiar with exhibition mode but there does not appear to be a "screen blank" function anywhere.

Anyone get this to work, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

UPDATE: I feel like an *****.....when the phone is on the TS and in exhibition mode I only have to hit the power button and the screen goes off.
    Last edited by PalmLives; 06/17/2012 at 06:09 PM.
    m100, m125, T/X, 755p, Pixi, FrankenPixi+, Pre, FrankenPre2, TP#1 32GB (WebOS-LunaCE, LunOS & CM11), TP#2 (JCS CM11 only), Nexus 4, ????