Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just bought a pre2 online, should be here by the weekend, can't wait. Been a fan of webOS even though I've never got around to owning a device.

Currently using a bb torch, and I've nearly thrown it against a wall a few times.

Anyway, if you had your pre from scratch all over again, where would you start? What apps do you recommend and so on.

I look forward to the enlightenment
    Welcome aboard! Besides the big names (Pandora, Facebook, Angry Birds if you're into it), there are a host of good apps. Can't provide links as I'm posting from my Veer, but off the top of my head:

"Forums" is great for a lightweight, clean way to read and post to message boards like this one.

"webOS Roundup" and "PreCentral.net" are apps that offer access to these great communities.

If you're into games, there's a Tom Clancy title that's as good a flight sim as you'll find anywhere (someone help me with the title).

"DrPodder" is an excellent podcast app.

"Carbon" is my favorite Twitter app, but there are many great ones. I've also used and enjoyed Spaz and Twee.

"Touchnote" is a fun little app that lets you send real postcards from your Pre.

"Waketube" lets you set an alarm so you can wake up to a YouTube video of your choice.

"Neighborhood Guide" shows you Wikipedia articles of interest based on your location.

"8Tracks" is a nice Pandora alternative that uses crowd-sourced playlists.

Once again, welcome to webOS!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Cheers for that, they're all on the list now

Can't wait!!
    H.A.W.X. is the name for the Tom Clancy flight sim.
    Preware, for all that homebrew apps and patches.
    And I use ClassicNote to replace that pretty-but-no-very-useful Memos app.
    Weatherman for a weather widgit over the wallpaper. I love ClearCard to keep my background looking clean when I really have multiple apps open.
    Notes, by inglorious apps.

outstanding note taking app with backup to google.
    Preware of course. Then patches... Then a good theme. Like mine below .

Then dr battery
    calc12cs
    Where is my car
    Holiday trip
    Led torch
    Beatbox
    Geocaching...
    P|c
    Txt group
    Fuel
    Weather and news
    Sudoku lite
    Internals pro... Must have...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    "Waketube" lets you set an alarm so you can wake up to a YouTube video of your choice.
    Rick Astley?
    You can always do a search in the forums for the ghastly headset homebrew .ipk file. This app allows you to force your pre into whatever audio mode you desire.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Rick Astley?
    Always!

OP: another useful app is Multiple Application Launcher, which allows you to open multiple apps at the same time. You can also define different groups for your apps, and set times to launch.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Preware and then some patches you need.
    wifi-media sync and free teether in case you need them
    music remix if you listen to mp3s
    a weather app (I use aniweather)
    Congrats on your new phone. I agree with several others -- Preware first to get access to homebrew apps, patches and themes.
    neato! send stuff to and from phone & PC & other neato! users
    clipboard for webOS, multiple copy notepads as opposed to native one.
    Send My Location for webOS, sends a map to email, sms.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Really appreciated the responses

Gives me a great starting point and lots of research to do this weekend. All good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    Rick Astley?
    LMAO, I'm gonna have to do that one morning to wind the wife up, hahah

Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Congrats on your new phone. I agree with several others -- Preware first to get access to homebrew apps, patches and themes.
    Yep, thats definately one of the first port of calls after I get my contacts and stuff set up on it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Got it today. Didn't realise how slick the touch screen would be. Its gotta be the best looking os out there today as well, obviously functionality and usability are the key things here, but I'm a superficial ******* haha