1.    #1  
    So, I have a Sprint Pre 2. Just used the proper Meta-dr script a few days ago. Media Player Remix, says it doesn't support my device when I open the app in the catalog. I assume this is because it's a 2.x app or maybe cause my palm profile says Sprint Palm Pre and not a Pre 2. Ideas? Can Impostah do anything for me? I wanna Play Dino Chaos!!
    Last edited by kill_Dano; 06/08/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    This is due to another stupid, stupid decision from HP regarding the app catalog.
    More details here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2980705

HP says it's a bug that they will fix. But DanPLC had word that they'd have something out by this Monday. Hasn't happened yet. My enthusiasm over webOS will disappear if HP is going to destroy the hacking community that has emerged around it by either intentionally crippling folks like me, or accidentally doing it and then not fixing the problem. All while giving me no option for anything other than a Pre- on my carrier!
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yup, I've been following this one closely, waiting for word on when Music Player Remix will be available. It doesn't show up for a Verizon Pre2 with 2.0.1 either despite the fact that it does not use any 2.1 features (as stated by the dev himself).
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    More details here: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2980705

HP says it's a bug that they will fix. But DanPLC had word that they'd have something out by this Monday. Hasn't happened yet. My enthusiasm over webOS will disappear if HP is going to destroy the hacking community that has emerged around it by either intentionally crippling folks like me, or accidentally doing it and then not fixing the problem. All while giving me no option for anything other than a Pre- on my carrier!
    There are a lot of bugs that HP has promised they will fix. One especially bad bug relates to DanPLC. They promised him they would push a fix to the catalog for the music indexer bug that affects his app months ago. They keep stringing him along with promises that this fix will go live, but always it's another excuse why they can't push the fix.

They won't fix this now, they won't fix this for a long time, and I would be surprised if they ever get around to fixing it. All of their focus is on webOS 3.0 right now. At the expense of all their current customers, which they obviously don't care about anymore, they are pushing hard with webOS 3.0. It better be pretty damn amazing for all the trouble it has caused.