1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have been using my Frakenpre 2 on sprint for months but I doctored today and it wont let me login to my palm profile or create another profile. It says cant login please contact palm.com/support.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    I'm pretty sure you're going to have to doctor to 1.4.5 then reupgrade to 2.1 because it's a Sprint modem.

That's my 2 cents but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  3.    #3  
    I hope you are wrong. Anyone else have a suggestion. I am using the phone right now by bypassing the login screen but I have no apps and sending texts is annoying cause you have to send a new message to the recipient each time.
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Do you have Preware installed?
  5.    #5  
    yes I have preware installed.
  6.    #6  
    anyone have any ideas? it would be greatly appreciated!
    First, it is impossible to doctor to 1.4.5 on a Pre2. There is no version of webOS 1.x that will run on a Pre2, frankenpre or otherwise. Pre2 is exlusively webOS 2.x.

Second, I've had this problem before, but in that case it was a sprint frankenpre+ that wasn't activated. Perhaps your comms board has lost its activation with sprint. Which, sadly, means that you have to put the sprint comms board back into a Pre- or Pre+, then doctor to 1.4.5, activate on Sprint and *then* you'll be able to use it in the Pre2.

You might try creating a metadoctor that bypasses activation and bypasses first-use app to see if the phone will actually work on Sprint. If you do that and you get some error from sprint saying that this account is not active (or whatever it says), then you'll know what you have to put the board back in a Pre- or + and activate on 1.4.5.

Of course, if that's the case, then the bigger question is why you're phone is no longer active on Sprint. Which would, of course be a question for Sprint.

There is, of course, a worse possibility. It could be that HP is now recognizing that there's a sprint board in a Pre2, recognizing that as a non-possible combination, and disallowing the connection. Similar to how Sprint FrankenPre2's can no longer purchase apps out of the app catalog that are webOS 2.x apps. The appcatalog problem has been acknowledged by HP as a bug. I wonder if that bug has somehow migrated into the profile... (NOTE: This is a wild a** guess. Nothing more.)
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 06/08/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  8.    #8  
    thanks for your response! The phone is working fine by bypassing all that stuff. I just dont have an app catalogue and sending texts are more difficult because I have to send a new text everytime even if I am replying.
    if I click on device info it shows no palm profile
    Oh snap! I now think that there's a greater possibility that HP is not allowing that combination of hardware + MEID to connect to the profile. Man I hope this is wrong.

Rod Whitby, if you're paying attention to this, can you think of a test that might confirm/invalidate my speculation? I have a Pre+ that I can tinker with. I don't wanna tinker w/my Pre2.
  10.    #10  
    does anyone have any ideas? They would be greatly apprciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    There is, of course, a worse possibility. It could be that HP is now recognizing that there's a sprint board in a Pre2, recognizing that as a non-possible combination, and disallowing the connection. Similar to how Sprint FrankenPre2's can no longer purchase apps out of the app catalog that are webOS 2.x apps. The appcatalog problem has been acknowledged by HP as a bug. I wonder if that bug has somehow migrated into the profile... (NOTE: This is a wild a** guess. Nothing more.)
    I would bet real money that this wild a** guess is exactly what is going on.
  12.    #12  
    I would recco that no one doctor a sprintified pre 2. I tried logging in via impostah and it says:
    error codes: pams3101
    invalid romtoken build varient
    I wonder if anyone else is willing to try this again anytime soon. I was thinking about doing this if sprint doesn't get the pre3, but now it sounds like it might not be the best idea :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I would recco that no one doctor a sprintified pre 2. I tried logging in via impostah and it says:
    error codes: pams3101
    invalid romtoken build varient
    What's your DMSETS token value?

-- Rod
  15.    #15  
    ****<Val name="DMSETS" value="{'sets': '1443'}"/>
    ****<Val name="DMSETS" value="{'sets': '1443'}"/>
    There's your problem. You have built your meta-doctor incorrectly.

A valid DMSETS always has two values.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There's your problem. You have built your meta-doctor incorrectly.

A valid DMSETS always has two values.
    Oh thank goodness!

stu5797, please retest and confirm that you get this working. I really don't want my wild a** guess (see above) to be correct.
  18.    #18  
    how do I fix this to make the meta doctor correctly?
    how do I fix this to make the meta doctor correctly?
    Use the latest meta-doctor, and one of the scripts.

Post the full log of your build if you don't get a correct DMSETS value.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    There is, of course, a worse possibility. It could be that HP is now recognizing... [] ...that as a non-possible combination, and disallowing the connection.
    I'm afraid I'm in a (somehow) similar circumstance. I used to have an european 1.4.5 webOS on a former at&t device and I was in need of re-doctoring, a few days ago. Even using the same meta-doctor assembled many months ago (which I do know used to work flawlessly) I couldn't sign in my profile nor create a new account. After a countless amount of attempts, I tried with a brand new meta-doctor 1.4.5.1, a brand new european one, and even with a 2.1.0. No way.
    So I had to go back to the original at&t doctor (clean) and it just worked! Today I made some new attempts (I'm in Italy, that's why I want an european system) with no result (even stopping the backup from the working doctor, before doing the procedure again).
    Do I make any mistake or the HP theory is definitively on?
    Palm Pre+
    Mac OSX 10.6