Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I'm not a big fan of conversation messaging, but I got used to it as it cannot be disabled.
    What I'd like to know is if there is a possibility to have different conversations with the same person.
    I found out that when the SMS conversation gets long, there is an annoying lag when the card opens. So I either have to delete the whole conversation or wait a bit.
    Have you tried deleting the parts of the conversation that are not needed? Instead of deleting the entire conversation...

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It takes a lot of time to delete manually messages that are not needed.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    It takes a lot of time to delete manually messages that are not needed.
    I don't think it takes too long, though it depends on the amount of messages I suppose. In case you didn't know you just swipe to delete. And if you are deleting multiple messages you don't have to press delete to confirm it, just swipe the next item.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Yes, I know how to delete
    But if there is a conversation with about 80 messages, reading all of them in order to delete some of them is a painful procedure (at least for me).
    you could either:
    a) delete whole coversation
    b) delete parts not needed
    c) take screenshots of your convo
    d) buy Clipboard for webOS (which allows for multiple "copies" of text)
    e) export your text messages every once in a while.... I haven't looked into it as keeping conversations is of no concern to me. Certain ones that were, I actually screenshotted (new word, haha) as I will be using them as evidence in a court of law.

Best I can do for you
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Evidence in a court? Don't tell me. Your super-sexy boss harassed you. You are Michael Douglas or something.

Well, I think I'll delete most of the conversations and maybe keep 2-3 people.
    I wish you could have different conversations with the same person.
    I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but you could use instant messager instead.

Each time you end a conversation or sign off it keeps each conversation separated and closes off the option to reply...

It will say "Messages can no longer be sent or received in this conversation"

That's the only way to have mutliple conversations split for one contact/person.