Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this may be asked already but i can't find answer online. I currently have a att pre plus and see cheap verizon pre 2 on craigslist and want to know if it is possible to turn the verizon pre 2 into an att pre 2 using parts from my pre plus for att and if so how will i get it working
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10123 View Post
    I know this may be asked already but i can't find answer online. I currently have a att pre plus and see cheap verizon pre 2 on craigslist and want to know if it is possible to turn the verizon pre 2 into an att pre 2 using parts from my pre plus for att and if so how will i get it working
    I would think that it is very possible with the metadoctor but the gsm pre 2 is not much more on ebay. I got bought one a gsm pre 2 for 200 dollars and I am waiting for it to convert my sprint pre plus. But if you were going to convert one ..I believe it would be the process of swapping comm boards and then doctoring with the metadoctor. How much is the verizon pre 2 you see on craigslist?
  3.    #3  
    Possibly the script below would work to convert a att pre plus into a verizon pre 2. I pretty sure it would but before you run this script in the metadoctor you need to swap comm boards.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

./scripts/meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.

Sprint Pre 2 - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    i dont think that will work because i will be using att com board on a verizon pre 2 and that script is for making a unlocked pre 2 with verizon board i believe
    Exactly, you do want to make an unlocked pre 2 because with an unlocked pre 2 it will work for at&t with the sim card. But again I'm not sure..I'm probably wrong
    where else are they cheaper? Is it better to use a unlocked pre with a pre- or a verizon pre 2 with a pre-?
  8.    #8  
    i just dont have ungrade for a year to get a pre 3 and getting a verizon pre 2 to work on att is option i can afford to stay on webos without switch back to android
  9.    #9  
    what im saying that script is for taking a gsm unlocked pre 2 and making it work on verizon not a verizon pre 2 and making is an unlocked/att pre 2
    yes I believe ur right. I looked at it wrong sorry about that.
    the best option for a pre- is the cheapest option which ever you find cheaper a verizon pre 2 or unlocked gsm pre 2 will work fine as long as you know how to make the frankenpre. Otherwise you could have 2 broken pres.
    why do they say the unlocked version is better tho?
    the unlocked version is a world phone
    so if the UK is selling an HP direct pre 2 unlocked, i can use that to create a frankenpre with my sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    Possibly the script below would work to convert a att pre plus into a verizon pre 2. I pretty sure it would but before you run this script in the metadoctor you need to swap comm boards.

[url= 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals[/url]

./scripts/meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.
    That is not an appropriate meta-script for what the OP wants.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    so if the UK is selling an HP direct pre 2 unlocked, i can use that to create a frankenpre with my sprint?
    Depends what UMTS bands you need for your carrier.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    the unlocked version is a world phone
    That statement is not correct, for most usual definitions of 'world phone'.

BTW, there are two different models of unlocked Pre 2 - P102UEU and P102UNA, and they use different UMTS bands.

-- Rod
    I did not know this, thanks for correcting me. It makes me wonder which model I just bought. I recently purchased the unlocked pre 2 on ebay and its being shipped.

And by the way thanks for all your hard work Rod making it possible for me to have a Sprint Pre Plus and soon a Sprint Pre 2. It is much appreciated
    Last edited by phillyeagles36; 06/03/2011 at 08:56 PM.
    rod, on ebay they sell hp pre 2 unlocked brand new but it says it is located in the UK. It is the cheapest brand new hp pre 2 unlocked ive seen so far. But now that u mentioned the bands from NA and EU i gotta verify first that it will work here in the USA. I might be out of luck then if the phone is being sold from Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiser10123 View Post
    I've read through this thread and another -- http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...m-pre-2-a.html -- but I haven't found an answer. Is it possible to switch the comms board from an AT&T Pre Plus to a VZW Pre 2? Reason I ask is I was able to get some AT&T Pre Pluses and VZW Pre 2s at the recent Palm fire sale, but they were all out of unlocked Pre 2s.

Thanks in advance!
    Ottermatic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast