Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hpsalesguy View Post
    Pre 2 internal launch: My understanding is all field sales people will carry the webos smartphone devices. Not sure about the TP, sure would like one!

I will have to take that gesture tutorial I guess... Thanks for the link to Verzon, I can see the touchstone for $5, but not the bundle... Doh!
    Acording to this interview with Meaghan Kelly, VP of strategy and SMB at HP, the entire salesforce will be equipped with TouchPads. So you're in luck. Here's the article:
    Speed Dating With The VAR Guy: HP's Meaghan Kelly | The VAR Guy

This is the quote where she mentions it.
    6. HP Tablets Running WebOS: HPís entire salesforce will soon carry WebOS tablets, Kelly says. The rollout will include HP-developed video chat software, so that sales team members can connect customers with the most appropriate HP technical expert at a momentís notice.
    Anybody else having trouble ordering the touchstone and wall plug? When I go to the Verizon site, I don't see a purchase button. When I click on "Buy Now" in the list of items, it just takes me to the item information page, but there is no purchase button there.

I'm able to add it to my wish list, but when I view my wish list, there is no option to place them in the cart.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    I Love the fact that the keyboard is only portrait. MUCH more logical that way. Much faster than landscape keyboards since your fingers do not need to travel so darn much.

a lot of people have the battery life gripe, but I think its GREAT. My Pre 2 is unplugged at 9 am usually and by 5 pm it is still in the 80 percentile. I usually finish the day with above 40%. I am not a heavy user, but not a light user either.

thanks for the kind words about Pre 2. I think its the best smartphone on the market. :-)
    ^ this!

I feel the same way.. I had a Samsung Epic for about 6 months and I got REALLY tired of the landscape keyboard. The amount of travel my fingers had to do combined with the fact that the keys sucked and it missed letters constantly were enough to make me want to throw the phone out the window. The Pre2 keyboard might be smaller, but the domed keys make it much easier for me to type quickly and accurately.

I also have phenomenal battery life on my CDMA VZ Pre2 under most circumstances. If I'm in a really bad signal area where it's constantly searching for signal it depletes the battery quickly (this is where a GSM phone would be better). But all other instances my Pre2's battery life consistently amazes me. I'm a moderate user and it's not uncommon for my Pre2 to come off the charger at 6am and still have 30-40% when I go to bed around 10:30-11pm.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I like the portrait keyboard myself. If you are a bit cramped, hopefully the more "spacious" Pre 3 keyboard will solve that issue.

Definitely get the touchstone charger. It should be pushed more heavily as a selling point because it is amazingly easy to use & there are plenty of people on here who have many of them. That speaks a bit to poor battery life, but virtually all smart phones can use a top off once in a while.

The orientation of some apps is a bit of a bummer. Especially when they are apps you are just reading. I got rid of the NYT app & just used the mobile website instead so I can use the landscape orientation.

There is still plenty of room for improvement on the phone, but webOS, notifications, multitasking, the touchstone, etc. are all fantastic.
  5.    #25  
    So I re-installed FB. It didn't work at first now it is. Now I will run down the battery even faster. But seriously, it's pretty fun...

Honestly I think we're blowing it a little by not emphasizing Pre 2 as much as Veer and Pre 3. I think this mid-size device size is perfect for me. Plenty of smartphone and still nicely pocketable...
    I do not think any of us understand what happened to the Pre2. The most popular rumor is that the carriers did not want it /shrug.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    So I re-installed FB. It didn't work at first now it is. Now I will run down the battery even faster. But seriously, it's pretty fun...

Honestly I think we're blowing it a little by not emphasizing Pre 2 as much as Veer and Pre 3. I think this mid-size device size is perfect for me. Plenty of smartphone and still nicely pocketable...
    That's unfortunately true. The size is pretty good and it is a very good phone.
    I just hope HP will not stop supporting it and it will have webOS 3.0
    The fact that HP gave you these, may be a positive sign.
  8.    #28  
    Ok, so now that I learned the tips, got FB working and and I'm typing with my nails, I like this phone. Not sure I'd want the bigger Pre 3 that people are holding out for. Not pocket friendly for me.

I'd like to see more marketing weight behind the Pre 2. Not sure why all the hype is on Veer and Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Hey hpsalesguy, I modified the HP Veer-Pre3-TouchPad advertisement and tried sending it through to @palm @hp and @adora on Twitter but got no response Here it is :

Ok, so now that I learned the tips, got FB working and and I'm typing with my nails, I like this phone. Not sure I'd want the bigger Pre 3 that people are holding out for. Not pocket friendly for me.

I'd like to see more marketing weight behind the Pre 2. Not sure why all the hype is on Veer and Pre 3?

I wish HP would push the Pre 2 more as well. I've had it for 3 months & it's a great phone. Too bad HP chose not to market it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Hey hpsalesguy, I modified the HP Veer-Pre3-TouchPad advertisement and tried sending it through to @palm @hp and @adora on Twitter but got no response Here it is :

This is the way it should have been. I don't understand why HP/Palm didn't think to throw a Pre 2 in there. They had this ad for months & none of the devices were even available for purchase (until recently with the Veer). At least with the Pre 2 in there, people would have had an actual device that they could have purchased now, if they wanted.

I like the Veer, but I think the Pre 2 is way better, and is a perfect medium sized smartphone.
    I just came back from a nexus s and I like the way my pre- feels in my hand much better. I still want a pre 3, but a franken pre is getting tempting.
    See if you can push that one up the chain and take care of it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I just came back from a nexus s and I like the way my pre- feels in my hand much better. I still want a pre 3, but a franken pre is getting tempting.
    If Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3, then definitely go FrankenPre 2. You won't regret it.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I like the Veer, but I think the Pre 2 is way better, and is a perfect medium sized smartphone.
    That's something I really like coming from my Epic 4g back to the Pre form factor. I can operate the touchscreen on my Pre2 a single thumb without having to reach unnaturally. I can hit any point on the screen with my left thumb while simply holding the device in my left hand.. I can even type with one hand if necessary. It's awesome.
  16.    #36  
    That's something I really like coming from my Epic 4g back to the Pre form factor. I can operate the touchscreen on my Pre2 a single thumb without having to reach unnaturally. I can hit any point on the screen with my left thumb while simply holding the device in my left hand.. I can even type with one hand if necessary. It's awesome.
    That's exactly what I feel about my Pre Plus right now. I'm worried I can't do the same with the Pre3.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's exactly what I feel about my Pre Plus right now. I'm worried I can't do the same with the Pre3.
    Ditto
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Exactly why I opted for a Pre2 instead of waiting for the 3. I know the 3 will be awesome, but the smaller form factor is really perfect for me. I got so used to it with the Pre- that anything bigger just feels too ginormous.
    Exactly why I opted for a Pre2 instead of waiting for the 3. I know the 3 will be awesome, but the smaller form factor is really perfect for me. I got so used to it with the Pre- that anything bigger just feels too ginormous.
    Me too. I figure the Pre2 is going to get the same updates as the Pre3 for awhile. I like the size.

ET
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12