Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    so that means i cant use my windows 7 laptop to create the metadoctor?
    Sure you can. You just have to install linux on it first. Either by way of a virtual machine or in a dual boot fashion.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Man, I was reading this because I am sick of waiting and wanted to get a doctored up Pre 2, but I did not know that I would need a regular pre AND a pre 2 to do it. (I currently have a pixi). So, now I am not sure it is worth the money to buy two phones to get one. I am almost thinking of getting an old centro and going with it.
    Do you not like your Pixi anymore?
    Come play with my Twitter.
  5.    #25  
    linux? Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Sure you can. You just have to install linux on it first. Either by way of a virtual machine or in a dual boot fashion.
    Ultramav,

The pixi has been giving me problems when it comes to using it as an actual telephone. When I bought it I thought it would be pretty much like the centro but snazzier, but you could use one hand with the centro and the pixi, not so much. Also, then I found there were several apps that didn't work on pixi but worked on pre. Basically, I can't ever answer a call, I will be swiping, pressing, etc, like mad, but the phone won't respond. So I have to call right back. I don't know why that is, because it seems sensitive enough for texting or any other tasks.
    so I've made to the commitment to sprint-ify a pre 2 but before I get to do so I have a couple of questions before my Verizon pre makes its way.. My power button on my pre minus recently gave out. I actually ended up losing the plastic button period. The gold "button" still turns the device/screen on/off. I was wondering if this part will be affected by the comms board transfer. Also I'm currently running 2.1 on my pre minus, would I have to re doctor to 1.4.5 prior to the swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by elithegreat View Post
    so I've made to the commitment to sprint-ify a pre 2 but before I get to do so I have a couple of questions before my Verizon pre makes its way.. My power button on my pre minus recently gave out. I actually ended up losing the plastic button period. The gold "button" still turns the device/screen on/off. I was wondering if this part will be affected by the comms board transfer. Also I'm currently running 2.1 on my pre minus, would I have to re doctor to 1.4.5 prior to the swap?
    I didn't have to doctor back to create my Sprint Pre 2 and I had no issues. Although I have heard some people have had issues I however did not. As far as your power button issue, I believe you ordered a Verizon Pre 2 so all you have to do is swap the comm board so nothing else is effected.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    linux? Which one?
    I run Ubuntu 11.04 under VirtualBox. Works pretty well.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  10.    #30  
    and I heard they have the new test script for sprint. Does that get rid of lag on 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    I didn't have to doctor back to create my Sprint Pre 2 and I had no issues. Although I have heard some people have had issues I however did not. As far as your power button issue, I believe you ordered a Verizon Pre 2 so all you have to do is swap the comm board so nothing else is effected.
    Correct i did order the verizon pre 2. so after the comms board switch, i just follow the metadoctor instructions for the verizon franken pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by elithegreat View Post
    Correct i did order the verizon pre 2. so after the comms board switch, i just follow the metadoctor instructions for the verizon franken pre?
    Yes just follow the meta-doctor instructions and you should be fine. Sorry for the delay in response.

Also, if you have any issues I'm sure the folks here on the forums can help you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12