1.    #1  
    I am hoping that someone can help. My Pre 2 is giving me a message that I have to many cards open when I don't have any cards open. I have to do a restart on the phone to get it to work properly. Before I request a new phone from Verizon, I am reaching out to you all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    welcome to webOS. Restart your phone everyday or every other day and you'll be fine.

There are apps to do it

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    welcome to webOS. Restart your phone everyday or every other day and you'll be fine.

There are apps to do it

I never have had this issue until a couple weeks ago. Since I got this phone from verizon the day it came out, I have had very little issues. It is like the temp memory is not dumping when I close out an app.
    Thank you for your suggestion.

Have you recently changed / added a patch to your phone that could have caused this? It shouldn't just happen. Also how many apps do you have open during the time this happens?

W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  5.    #5  
    Nothing in the apps or patches have changed in weeks. I get this error when there are no apps open and I try to open an app. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this to happen.
    This is just caused by webOS in general and it not being able to manage memory well. In homebrew world, we use custom Linux kernels made by WebOS Internals that help manage the phones processes better and lead to an overall better experience.

I recommend installing Govnah and managing the Pre 2's default kernel, and maybe even venture into overclocking territory. It's good to add Compressed Memory, and also change your IO and TCP settings.

Now while the phone should be able to do this without you going out of your way, I can guarantee you'll be way happier with your phone if you do all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for the suggestion. I did download Govnah. I had the UberKernel with my Pre Plus, but now I have the Verizon Pre 2, I am not finding that UberKernel works with the 2.0. I wonder if I need to doctor the phone. I would hate to do that, but if it will stop the too many card error, I will do it. I would change the IO and TCP Settings, I just don't know much about them. I will look into it.
    Do you have weatherIcon installed. I was getting TMC errors when I had it running.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Do you have newsroom or forums installed i get it when those are open
    Quote Originally Posted by dabombcra View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I did download Govnah. I had the UberKernel with my Pre Plus, but now I have the Verizon Pre 2, I am not finding that UberKernel works with the 2.0. I wonder if I need to doctor the phone. I would hate to do that, but if it will stop the too many card error, I will do it. I would change the IO and TCP Settings, I just don't know much about them. I will look into it.
    Even modifying the default kernel using Govnah will give you some improved results. Setting 10MB of compressed memory and changing IO settings to anticipatory and TCP settings to veno or westwood.

I don't know much about the Pre 2 kernels.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Listen to frantid and rothoof - certain apps can trigger TMC errors because they have memory leaks. A Pre2 shouldn't throw any TMC errors - I've had my Pre+ (same amount of RAM) for two months now and have never had one except for the time I provoked one at ~50 apps open.

It's definitely NOT, as Jakeeeee suggests, a shortcoming of webOS; it was a shortcoming of the Pre and Pixi because they only had 256mb of RAM, of which a good chunk went towards running the OS itself.

Listen around for known memory leaking apps, delete the ones you're using, reboot, and find alternatives. Enjoy your TMC-free life.