Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Over the last day or so Ebay UK has been flooded with cheap Pre 2's, perhaps because of the new developer pricing. Either way I've just picked one up for 150 to replace my Pre- and looking forward to it getting here :P
    I saw them too. Made me wonder if they are legit?
    Let us know when it arrives.
    I saw one guy listed about 5. All seemed priced too good to be true, I hope not though for the people that purchased.

I decided not to risk it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I bought one for 155...off the seller called hp--london. Is that the same guy you bought one off marxman.13? I figure with Paypal I'm safe. Also, I phoned the guy up last night, he said that he'll dispatch it either on Wednesday or Thursday. Sounded legit enough!
    got mine off ebay some weeks ago and it's great. Just look for good feedback.

personally i'm hopping prices stay high so I can sell mine to get a Pre3 in the coming months.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    HP employees in the UK can now buy a Pre 2 for 99 through the HP Employee Purchase Program. I suspect this is where most of the cheap deals are now coming from....
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Mine's being dispatched from Newcastle, and a little rooting around suggests there's a HP office in Newcastle xD
    Some of the listings say "unwanted gift" so I guess HP have been giving some Pre 2s away to employees
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Just got one for 185 (Not *that* cheap, but not too bad), they come with 2.0 don't they? Does one need to use doctor to upgrade to 2.1 as the other pres or is there another method.
    Just bought one for 180, including special delivery P&P.

My release day Pre is just about on it's last legs with cracks, on/off button and sound up/down button problems.

I'm betting on the Pre 3 being delayed for EU release and Carrier take up, which would then allow me to hopefully upgrade in October, by which time OS & apps for the Pre 3 should be getting sorted and beta tested by others.

In the mean time, from what I've read elsewhere, the Pre 2 will do me fine.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    Just got one for 185 (Not *that* cheap, but not too bad), they come with 2.0 don't they? Does one need to use doctor to upgrade to 2.1 as the other pres or is there another method.
    Think you just pipped my bid by 5 right at the end!

Never mind, took one of the Buy Now ones from HP--London at 170, whcih still seems very reasonable.

Timing very good as my Pre- just died - touchscreen went and O2 insurance wouldn't fix it; was just contemplating life with Android but will now put the offered HTC Desire on eBay
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I think this thread deals with that - OTA if your original carrier was 'official' - so O2 in UK

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2912385
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveBongFace View Post
    I saw one guy listed about 5. All seemed priced too good to be true, I hope not though for the people that purchased.

I decided not to risk it.
    I bought one - should be with me in 5 working days apparently. Seller's communication has been good (I emailed them to confirm it was a UK Pre 2) and (s)he seems to know their stuff. None of the usual eBay alarm bells anyway.

If not I'm covered by Paypal, so we'll see!
    if i buy one thats international(im in the USA) will it still work here in my country?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    if i buy one thats international(im in the USA) will it still work here in my country?
    Yes, but 2G only.
  16.    #16  
    I didn't get mine from HP-London but I will let you know when mine arrives. With ebay you can't really go wrong as a buyer if you read the description and pay by paypal. 150 was to good to miss especially as I share the above sentiment that a Pre 3 launch may be delayed/non carrier subsidised.
    I just stayed up bidding for a sealed Pre 2 including touchstone. 167.

I am a Pixi Plus owner. I wonder if I'll be able to cope with the speed of this new device?
    Gutted - Only brought my Pre2 a month or so ago - 350!!!
    I bought one yesterday for 150 + 2.99 (or something!) p&p. Hope to see it in a week or so... it's to replace my very elderly Pre- (first day on O2 UK purchase) which is just about running 2.1.0, but hardware-wise is struggling!

My wife already has a Pre 2 - bought from a third-party company bundling it with a decent contract offer on Orange - and I'm jealous... so looking forward to having a smoothly operating phone again!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Just got an email saying it's been dispatched! =D Will keep you all updated
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast