Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've just recently gone the Pre- to Pre 2 route (HP employee, 99, thank you very muchly)...was holding out for the Pre 3 but like many have said, we may be waiting a while in the UK to get it at a reasonable price/contract.

Best move I made, the Pre 2 is just great...fingers crossed they release webOS 3.x for the Pre 2. I feel webos 2.1 will be forgotten very soon.

Downside...I was hoping to put my old Pre on ebay, but there's not much point now with the Pre 2 prices so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMarvin View Post
    Downside...I was hoping to put my old Pre on ebay, but there's not much point now with the Pre 2 prices so low.
    I got 135 for my old pre+ on eBay, so put yours too, you never know who might bite!
    Does the pre 2 come with a touchstone back?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Affirmative. Exactly the same cover as for the original pre too oddly. Or not oddly, depending how you look at it xD
    That's good,I have a touchstone back cover on my pre- just now but it is 20months old now and has a few scrapes from various falls. A new one will be nice!
    Heard from one seller, aka HP employee, claiming stock are dwindling very fast
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Dam i just bought mine 2 weeks ago and as prices were still around the 250+ mark i thought id be cheeky and get a SFR unlocked one great idea until:

1. activated in france on sfr so restricted to french app catalog and
    2. azerty keyboard now stuck with it for a while.

On plus side managed to get 2 USB 2 Touchstones a UK Plug and Car Charger for less the 20 of ebay :-)
    A guy in germany managed to replace the keyboard of the pre 2 with one of a pre+. They are apparently similar. He also used Metadoctor with the option CHANGE_KEYBOARD_TYPE to patch WebOs to the new key-mapping
    Global Posts
    271 Global Posts
    Too complicated for me that id need a complete step by step with pics to me to attempt anything like that.

Anyone French/Belgian and has a qwerty Pre 2 that could like to swap with me that would make me happy. (long shot)
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    With no news of a QWERTY Pre3 it sure is tempting but looking at videos of the Pre2 its seems like the whole front is flat and got pretty sharp edges. Is this disturbing in any way?

The Pre3 seems to have gone back to the rounded edge riverstone design of Pre and Pre+.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I found one that was still at 30 with 20 hours to go and when I checked again a couple of hours later the price had gone up to 130! I hate people who do that, so stupid, they just make a massive bid way before the auction ends and end up paying more than they needed to! learn to use ebay before ruining a bid for everyone! Rant over.
    Prices dropped 80 over the last month so it makes sense to just wait another month and take your chances.
  13. sde
    Totally agree. The prices reached on ebay are fluctuating wildly, but the overall trend is downwards.

Saw the first 2 figure pre2 go yesterday, but the spread on completed auctions is still > 40 (Having said that, some are being sold with TS so that's not too unreasonable)
    Just ordered mine yesterday for 113. can't wait until it comes.
    Whats everyones recommendation on them? are they 100%?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I'd grab one if I could get it for under 100 otherwise there's no point getting it as I might as well save up for the Pre 3.
    Bought one on June 6 (webOS's birthday) at 145 plus 20 delivery to Hong Kong. It's my FIRST webOS smartphone after waiting for 2 years! Hope to receive it ASAP.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    I just won an auction on Ebay for a new Palm Pre 2 for 125.95... Including Shipping.... Let's hope it is the real McCoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    I bought one for 155...off the seller called hp--london. Is that the same guy you bought one off marxman.13? I figure with Paypal I'm safe. Also, I phoned the guy up last night, he said that he'll dispatch it either on Wednesday or Thursday. Sounded legit enough!
    Just a heads up on paypay - you aren't necessarily "safe" as there are a lot of horror stories about them.

These seem legit enough though! I may get one to replace my shattered screen Pre2...
    Quote Originally Posted by lancewright View Post
    I just won an auction on Ebay for a new Palm Pre 2 for 125.95... Including Shipping.... Let's hope it is the real McCoy!
    It will be the real McCoy.

As posted above, HP employees in the UK have been able to buy the Pre 2's really cheap, hence the influx of the devices on eBay.

I've had an original Pre and a Pre Plus. I also noticed how cheap the Pre 2's were on ebay and figured that they may be Developer devices. A contact of mine at HP confirmed that they indeed get them at cost price from the Employee Purchase Programme and that most of the ones on eBay are likely to be from HP employees.

I don't work for HP but we do buy a lot of HP kit and our company also has an HP Employee Purchase Programme. I found the Pre 2 there for 99, so bought it yesterday afternoon and it arrived on my desk at lunch time!

Loving it so far, synced everything up just charging it right now. Fantastic for 99 with free delivery too!.

Stock levels definitely have dropped, when I ordered mine it said 78 available, this morning it was showing 17, right now it's disappeared! So I guess they may be out of stock!
    Got my Pre 2 from ebay recently just under 160 including S/D, used save/restore to back up old pre, installed Preware on pre 2 plus new patches installed and it works like a dream, all apps restored perfectly, email and facebook re-synced, no problems there, 'FLASH' !!!! but still no BBCiplayer which sucks... 'Stacks' is brilliant (do miss the mini card view though) as is 'Just Type', mine also came with 2.1 pre installed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast