Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Reading the post in the P-C first page about changing the default search engine, I remembered that I don't have a default search engine under my Just Type preferences. It disappeared (?) sometime ago.

Although if I search something and press Enter the web browser launches with google, I dont have this: http://media.precentral.net/resource...aultSearch.png

I attach a screenshot with what I see. I cannot find the way to change my default search engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you have your default search engine set up in your browser app? I think it goes off of that.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Do you have your default search engine set up in your browser app? I think it goes off of that.
    In the browser preferences I have "Default web search engine: Google"
    Is this the reason I don't get to choose in Just Type?
    I dont know why you dont have the option to choose it in the just type preferences. On mine, when you go into the preferences, it shows google with "edit" to the right of it. Clicking on that brings me to a list of search engines I have visited. And also gives me a link to the browser preferences. This made me think that they are linked somehow. Try changing your browser search engine and see what happens with just type.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    In my web browser I only have Google and Wikipedia available as search engines. I checked Wikipedia as the default search engine and it works. However in Just Type Google is still the default search engine.
    When I go to the Just Type preferences and then "add more searches" I can see the "view browser preferences" and the "recently visited search engines". However I cannot seem to find a way to change the default search engine. Google disappeared and I don't have this "edit" option next to it.