Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if someone with a Pre 2 in Canada can try the m.cineplex.com site? I can view theaters and showtimes just fine but when I click on buy tickets, then click on the showtime, the https://onlineticketing.cineplex.com page will not load. It works fine on my wife's Iphone and worked fine on my Pre minus before it broke....
    Hmmm.... Same for me. Universe on a Pre 2 on Bell.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I emailed Cineplex about the issue but no response yet. I doubt they'll know what's happening....

Anyone else try it?
    Will not work on the stock browser for me either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    If I get a response from Cineplex...I'll post it here. I don't know about anyone else but I don't stand in line for tickets anymore and would really like to have this working again.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    So the fantastic folks at Cineplex Customer Service sent me this...

Dear Michael

Thank you for the information. We apologise for the late response as we were investigating the issue. Unfortunately, when using the Cineplex App with an Android OS, the buying tickets function is not available. We are aware of this situation and are working towards having this corrected. In the meantime, on your device, you may still visit our mobile site m.cineplex.com to purchase tickets.

Regards,

Way to read my email....Here's what I sent them...

Hi there,

I seem to have an issue accessing the m.cineplex.com site from my Palm Pre 2 running WebOS with a webkit browser. I can view theaters and showtimes but upon clicking on a showtime to purchase, the https://onlineticketing.cineplex.com page will not load. Is there a setting that would prevent it from loading? I can view other https site such as RBC mobile banking just fine.
    Typical copy and paste response...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Is that after selecting the time and date of which show you want to see? If so I just get a blank page, I tried it on my wife's Torch and it is fine, so I am guessing issue is only with WebOs
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vestal1975 View Post
    Is that after selecting the time and date of which show you want to see? If so I just get a blank page, I tried it on my wife's Torch and it is fine, so I am guessing issue is only with WebOs
    Correct. I worked on my Pre minus and still works on my wife's IPhone but not on my Pre 2.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Got another response from Cineplex after asking them to re-read my email...

We apologise for the confusion. We have escalated the issue to the appropriate personnel and are awaiting for their response.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    WOW...

Dear Mike

We apologise for the confusion and delay. We had escalated the issue to the appropriate personnel for their review.

Unfortunately, we do not support the Palm Pre 2’s. However, there may be plans to support it in the future.

If you wish to purchase tickets through your mobile device, you may still open the mobile site at m.cineplex.com.

Regards,

I think I need to go visit them and actually show them what I'm talking about...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    The cineplex ticket buying issue is fixed with my Pre 3 and since the update to 2.2.4, its working on my Pre 2.