1.    #1  
    I ordered a unlocked Pre 2 on May 5th from Hp and just received a email saying that my order will not be shipped until June 2nd, they must have sold all 20 devices they built, lol. So anyone that tries from Hp, Good luck, I'd hold out for the Pre 3 unless there lying about that 2.
    I've ordered it via the UK Palm store.... 1 or 2 days shipping time. So far nothing. (ordered on the 27th of may btw)
  3.    #3  
    Hp took almost a month to send it to me, but i finally got it after threatening to canceling my order, damn there slow
    My guess is that they didn't make many, and they're flying off the HP shelves, and had to make a bunch more.

Pre 2 is a killer phone.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The Pre 2 is awesome! Best Palm phone ever made yet. The Treo 755p was great too, but multitasking on my Pre 2 is amazing.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #6  
    My Pre 2 straight up ROCKS!!!! I can wait awhile for the Pre 3 for Sprint to come out. At least im not in for a new 2 year contract
    Quote Originally Posted by Upke View Post
    I've ordered it via the UK Palm store.... 1 or 2 days shipping time. So far nothing. (ordered on the 27th of may btw)
    How much did you pay, as brand new boxed UK Pre 2 are making 170 at the moment on ebay.
    Haha, alot more. 370 pounds. Which still ammounts to les than the 470 euro they sell it for in the europe store.

I've read about the cheap pre's in the other thread. Can they be trusted?

I'm mailing HP tomorrow and check up on the order. If it's going to take to long I'll cancel. The veer is out soon in Germany. My old phone, an original German Pre is falling appart. Yesterday the powerbutton stopped working. I had to fix it with the papertrick.
    took them 3 days after i bought it to let me know it was on backorder. and another 2 weeks to ship it.
    currently-|Pre 2/HTC Inspire 4g/LG Quantum|
    Maybe the earthquake in Japan earlier this year is still causing a lot of havoc in the supply chains of one or more of the companies involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    My guess is that they didn't make many, and they're flying off the HP shelves, and had to make a bunch more.

Pre 2 is a killer phone.
    Same thing happened with their Slate.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonyump View Post
    took them 3 days after i bought it to let me know it was on backorder. and another 2 weeks to ship it.
    Hmmm... Its been a couple of days. Sofar, nothing here. I'll mail them in a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upke View Post
    Haha, alot more. 370 pounds. Which still ammounts to les than the 470 euro they sell it for in the europe store.

I've read about the cheap pre's in the other thread. Can they be trusted?

I'm mailing HP tomorrow and check up on the order. If it's going to take to long I'll cancel. The veer is out soon in Germany. My old phone, an original German Pre is falling appart. Yesterday the powerbutton stopped working. I had to fix it with the papertrick.
    Don't Palm devices come with a 2 year warranty in Europe? With some luck you may have bought your Pre less than 2 years ago and so it could work as your development phone (everybody here seems to be a beta tester or a developer).

I bought a brand new Pre 2 off ebay. Hardware wise it is fine, clearly it was brand new, although the slider mechanism is as suspect as my old Pre. I bought it for 150. Bargain by absolutely any measure - except that I think OS2.1.0 preloaded on it is far less stable that OS1.4.5 and needs a restart once a week or more, and has too many annoying (and stupid) bugs which 1.4.5 did not have.