Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Of course, everyone's experience is different. My experience is that the Verizon Pre2 is very slow. It seems to be as slow as my Sprint Pre. My Verizon Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4.5 overclocked to 1GHz, simply blows the Pre2 away.

And as many know, though the e-mail app in WebOS 2.0.1 is faster than its 1.x counterpart, the phone app has taken a step back and is very, very slow. Plus, WebOS 2.0.1 broke the pause and wait phone commands, which was verified to me by HP tech support. This is a major hassle. Was this fixed in WebOS 2.1.0?

Though I like the look and was really excited about going to a glass screen on the Pre2, I found that I have to re-tap far more than I ever did on the Pre or Pre Plus. This is extremely surprising to me, as I assumed that the glass would bring fewer tapping/swiping problems and not more! To be fair, it is hard to tell if this problem is with the glass or the overall slowness of WebOS 2.0.1 or the relatively low performance of the Pre2 hardware.

I can't wait to get the speed back with the Pre3!

Anyone else have a similar experience?
    I have had trouble hanging up a few times. In general the pre2 is a smoother experience with most apps launching in a reasonable amount of time. Email and text are good, but facebook takes too long. I have yet to get the too many cards error.
    pre 2 in my experience is extremely fast. And I have had the original Pre, Pre plus and now the Pre 2. There is no comparison in performance. The pre 2 simply blows them all away. The Pre 2 is faster than even iPhone from my experience.

if I were you I would doctor my device.I had some issues when I first received my Pre 2. Many people here said doctoring was too big of a solution, but I did it anyway and it fixed everything. The phone ran faster, the amount of resets went down to only when I opened the calendar (which I found is the actual issue). So try doctoring it. The Pre 2 should be lightning fast and if not, Definitely Faster than the regular Pre and Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Of course, everyone's experience is different. My experience is that the Verizon Pre2 is very slow. It seems to be as slow as my Sprint Pre. My Verizon Pre Plus with WebOS 1.4.5 overclocked to 1GHz, simply blows the Pre2 away.

And as many know, though the e-mail app in WebOS 2.0.1 is faster than its 1.x counterpart, the phone app has taken a step back and is very, very slow. Plus, WebOS 2.0.1 broke the pause and wait phone commands, which was verified to me by HP tech support. This is a major hassle. Was this fixed in WebOS 2.1.0?

Though I like the look and was really excited about going to a glass screen on the Pre2, I found that I have to re-tap far more than I ever did on the Pre or Pre Plus. This is extremely surprising to me, as I assumed that the glass would bring fewer tapping/swiping problems and not more! To be fair, it is hard to tell if this problem is with the glass or the overall slowness of WebOS 2.0.1 or the relatively low performance of the Pre2 hardware.

I can't wait to get the speed back with the Pre3!

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I say you might have a bad phone. My experience is the exact opposite. I went from pre minus (oc'd @ 800 Mhz) to a franken pre 2, and my pre 2 is definitely faster & smoother.

As for the screen, maybe going from a curved to a flat screen is giving you issues (it took a little while for me to get used to the flat screen).

The only other thing I can think of is if you had the Reduce Drag Radius patch installed on your pre/pre plus. I had it on my pre minus, and it speeds things up since the amount of pixels needed to register a tap or swipe is reduced. Since it's not available on 2.X, it may feel like the phone moves slower, but your finger just has to move further to register a swipe. It's one of the few patches I really miss on my pre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    have you installed govnah? I've heard of pre 2 sometimes getting stuck on 300mhz for some reason
    My stock Pre2 is faster than my previous pre+ Oc to 1GHz

The stock palm kernel on the Pre2 appears to scale between 300mhz and 1Ghz. Maybe its stuck at 300? As suggested above.
    No comparison, my Pre 2 is way faster than my Pre, but I am running 2.1.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Pre 2 with 2.1, the phone is pretty fast.
    my experience us that my Verizon Pre2 is waaaayyy way snappier than my Pre+ at 1ghz. I'd suggst a fresh doctor and use govnah/uberkernel to make sure the pre2 isn't stuck at 3000mhz.
    I have found my pre 2 to be laggier than Oc pre
    This is definitely a case of YMMV. The phone app launches much more quickly on my Pre 2. Sometimes, it launches straight to the dialer. I have not found one thing where an overclocking Pre or Pre+ is faster than (at least my) Pre 2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    my pre2 is definitely fast
    Count me in the camp that says Pre2 is WAAAY faster than Pre Plus. In fact, I've not even contemplated overclocking the Pre2. There's just no need.

I wish I had a video of my speed comparisons between the Pre2and the Pre Plus before I doctored and sold the preplus. My favorite comparison is how long it takes Woodenigma to start. On the Pre2 it starts up and is ready to play in about half the time on the Pre Plus. (Both at stock speeds, Pre2 running 2.1 and Pre Plus running 1.4.5.)
    Twitter: dullgeek
  14.    #14  
    Thanks everyone. How many say the Pre2 is faster with WebOS 2.0.1 only? By the way, I never installed the Reduce Drag Radius patch. If I install Govnah, how can I tell if it is stuck at 300MHz, and how can I stop it from happening?
    if you have UberKernel and Govnah installed, you will open Govna and it will tell you the current clock speed of the device.
    Thanks everyone. How many say the Pre2 is faster with WebOS 2.0.1 only? By the way, I never installed the Reduce Drag Radius patch. If I install Govnah, how can I tell if it is stuck at 300MHz, and how can I stop it from happening?
    My Verizon Pre 2 was also laggy. It had a random 2 to 3 second delay when I would tap any app or tool. I WebDocd my phone with the same problem. Then I overclocked it to 1.2. That did the trick. I'm not sure how that fixed the problem but it did and my Pre 2 is hella fast.

You might want to try to 1.2 overclock patch. It's very stable and most all the issue have been worked out.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    My VZW Pre2 stock 1ghz runs rings around my original Pre- OC'ed to 1ghz. There isn't even a comparison, IMO. I definitely think you could use a visit by the webosdoctor or if that doesn't work, you might have faulty hardware.
    Pre2 is Slow!
    No it's not.

</thread>

19.    #19  
    Hey, I have all of the PreWare feeds turned on and I can find Govnah but not Uberkernel. It used to be there in 1.4.5. Is there a trick I am missing?
    There's been some stuff happening in Preware recently, I think. I'm not seeing all available apps and neither are most folks. There are a few threads on it - sorry I'm light on details, but I don't think a fix has been outlined yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast