Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I think my Pre2 may be stuck at 300MHz. How do I get change that?
    My FrankenPre2 on Sprint is absurdly fast. The only time I notice any lag at all is when tapping the screen to hang up a call. Everything else opens and operates with blazing speed. Sounds like you got a defective unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but is your Pre2 operating at normal temperatures? I've read that if the device senses it can't dissipate processor heat fast enough, it'll put the brakes on.
    Recent Pre 2 owner, came from original Droid. the snappiness of the Pre 2 was a big part of what made me decide to buy (the other was my shock at how intuitive WebOS was), and so far it hasn't disappointed.
  5.    #25  
    Pre2 has never really been too warm; much cooler than my overclocked Pre Plus.
    To be honest, that happened to me (got stuck at 300.) I had to doctor it. But I think too, that installing an overclocking kernel might fix it too. Try that first.
  7.    #27  
    I installed the default Palm Pre 2.0.1 kernel from PreWare. The device is definitely snappier. GoogleMaps updates very quickly now. Bluetooth launches quicker, and Menu pops down on the first press. My kernel was clearly messed up. Thanks, all! Is this likely to happen again, or should I be okay for the foreseeable future?

What's the name of a stable 1.2GHz kernel? The kernel threads are kind of a mess.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    The data radio area (rear bottom) of my Pre2 gets warm if I have it on the TouchStone and I have a weak signal. Happens in the office all the time since my signal totally blows there no matter what network I'm using. I'm pretty sure my Pre- was exactly the same way.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    The Pre 2 stock is way faster then my Sprint Pre, Pre plus (both with kernels).

My Pre 2 did get stuck once at 300MHz. (and it lagged bad. That was the dead give away) I believe I just went into the "Govnah" and changed my profile back to my costume profile. I believe it was showing "unidentified" at the time.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #30  
    Reinstalling the 2.0.1 kernel from PreWare was a complete success! Thanks again, everyone! My Pre2 is now as fast (give or take) as my Pre Plus at 1GHz! Though, I'm still getting a Pre3 world phone!
    i have had the same things verizon pre 2. my pre plus overclocked was twice as fast. and it has gave me nothin but trouble. i have had to doctor it countless amounts of times havent been able sign into skype since i got it and i have had it since the day it came out on verizon. on top of everything it seems that its not even going to get updated. dont get me wrong i love webos maybe i just got a bad phone.
    I installed the default Palm Pre 2.0.1 kernel from PreWare. The device is definitely snappier. GoogleMaps updates very quickly now. Bluetooth launches quicker, and Menu pops down on the first press. My kernel was clearly messed up. Thanks, all! Is this likely to happen again, or should I be okay for the foreseeable future?

What's the name of a stable 1.2GHz kernel? The kernel threads are kind of a mess.
    SR71 Blackbird
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I feel like he's trolling us. I have a Pre 2 on Sprint and this walks all over my Pre Plus that I had overclocked. I'd get another unit if I were having problems with it. However the Pre 2 unit at Verizon was absurdly slow until I rebooted it. Perhaps Verizon issues?
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Those running the SR71 Blackbird, how has it impacted your battery life? I'm on a Franken Sprint Pre2 stock kernel and have been quite impressed with the battery life, compared to the Pre- and Pre+. I always overclocked on them but haven't felt a huge need to on this Pre2. I have occasionally had it get very slow and am wondering if it still struggles with this 300mhz stuck speed in 2.1 occasionally? Seems anytime I reboot, its back to normal again and man does it ever boot up faster than the Pre- or Pre+ ever did.. I'm very happy with this phone. The only thing that kills me is this camera bug I seem to have where most picture attempts say unable to take picture, and I'll have to retry sometimes up to 8-9 times before it takes one.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm on a Franken Sprint Pre2 stock kernel and have been quite impressed with the battery life, compared to the Pre- and Pre+. I always overclocked on them but haven't felt a huge need to on this Pre2.
    +1
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I haven't felt the need to overclock my FrankenPre 2. It runs smooth.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12