Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked Palm Pre 2 and I love everything about it. BUT, I read in the forums that people have boot times of less than 2 minutes. Whenever I restart (which is every few days because of updates to Impostah ), it seems to take about 3-4 minutes (even Luna restart). Anyone knows of any patch/app that may be causing it?
    Also, compared to the rest of the OS, the phone app is a bit sluggish. anyone noticed it or is it just my device?
    I thought about doctoring the phone. Would it help or am I just too influenced by Windows?

Thanks all!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Restarts really take much time, Luna restart also (depending on the reason).
    Unfortunately it's true.
    The phone app is somewhat slow too, although I don't use it that often (Just Type saves the day).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    I have an unlocked Palm Pre 2 and I love everything about it. BUT, I read in the forums that people have boot times of less than 2 minutes. Whenever I restart (which is every few days because of updates to Impostah ), it seems to take about 3-4 minutes (even Luna restart). Anyone knows of any patch/app that may be causing it?
    Also, compared to the rest of the OS, the phone app is a bit sluggish. anyone noticed it or is it just my device?
    I thought about doctoring the phone. Would it help or am I just too influenced by Windows?

Thanks all!

My FrankenPre2 boots up in almost 2 min exact, luna restart is even faster. The only patch I had which extended my boot time was the youtube downloader patch. It extended my boot time to about 3-4 min, once I removed it my boot time dropped back to 2 min.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Well, I had this patch. Since I never used it, I removed it and restart time dropped to 3 minutes and Lune restart to less than a minute and a half.
    Thanks a lot, Smartfah!

Now I just hope HPalm will do something about the phone app...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrah_il View Post
    Well, I had this patch. Since I never used it, I removed it and restart time dropped to 3 minutes and Lune restart to less than a minute and a half.
    Thanks a lot, Smartfah!

Now I just hope HPalm will do something about the phone app...
    No problem, glad your phone is starting up faster.