1.    #1  
    I bought a broken pre to practice the comm bd swap... not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Anyway, the webosinternals guide says not to disconnect the 2 small GPS wires - just pull them out of the channel in the plastic. Personally I found this made it very difficult to connect the 2 ribbon cables to the comm and reattach the bezel - I popped one of the ribbon connectors off the comm bd twice trying to get the GPS wires back into their channel.

So my question - is there anything wrong with disconnecting the GPS wires from the comm bd and separating completely from the bezel? I tried this and it is much easier to reattach the comm bd without the bezel flopping around.
    if your swapping from GSM to CDMA (i.e. att to sprint) or vice versa, the GPS and antenna are different. If you're swapping from GSM to GSM you could skip the GPS wire swap.

Phone Reception might be flaky if you don't have the right antenna matched (GSM/CDMA) and is not recommended by everyone here. We all recommend swapping the entire COMM board and gsm wire assembly together (need not remove from bezel / backplate - instead whole backplate with the GPS wires and comm assembly goes to new pre)

If you just disconnected the wires, reconnect them but try to keep the COMM board paired with its GPS wires.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimijames View Post
    I bought a broken pre to practice the comm bd swap... not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Anyway, the webosinternals guide says not to disconnect the 2 small GPS wires - just pull them out of the channel in the plastic. Personally I found this made it very difficult to connect the 2 ribbon cables to the comm and reattach the bezel - I popped one of the ribbon connectors off the comm bd twice trying to get the GPS wires back into their channel.

So my question - is there anything wrong with disconnecting the GPS wires from the comm bd and separating completely from the bezel? I tried this and it is much easier to reattach the comm bd without the bezel flopping around.
    Nothing wrong.. You just run into risk of damaging the pins..

And the metal cover is a Pain in the **** to get back on

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My cables are disconnected and my signal is perfect, GSM & Wifi.

But the GPS is not working...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)