1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if screen protectors for the pre plus would fit a pre2 (including covering the earpiece/microphone)?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble finding an anti-fingerprint screen protector for the pre2 - I like the protectors by Steinheil - SGP Store - Stylish people's Good Partner but they don't make any for the pre 2.

To be clear, I don't care about it protecting the screen, nor do I care that is actually blocks fingerprints, so I'm not looking for suggestions that I don't need a screen protector. The issue I have is that the pre's screen (and any smartphone screen I've tried) is very 'grippy' and it is difficult to slide your finger across. An anti-fingerprint screen protector is slightly textured and makes it easier for your finger to glide across the screen.

Alternative, does anybody know of a screen protector that fits the pre 2 that fits the above description?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Edit: I realized that the sgpstore screen protector is for the pixi plus, not pre plus and definitely won't fit, so I guess now I'm looking for recommendations for screen protectors. I tried the anti-glare one from smartphone experts, but that's smooth like the others. Does anyone have any experience with the ScreenGuardz HD Anti-Glare protectors?
    Last edited by mivok; 05/20/2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Nope. The Pre2 screen has a plastic band around it with a matte finish. I've decided to skip the screen protector on the Pre2 because Gorilla Glass is so nice to the touch and tough enough to survive my level of abuse.

I use eyeglass cleaner to clean it, and an occasional application of carnuba wax to help it resist finger prints. I've also noticed that Gorilla glass is easier to clean, so I can get the fingerprints off easier than I did on the Pre+ with a screen protector.

I find that "grippy-ness" is an indicator that the screen or my fingers are smudged. When it is clean and waxed, and my hands are recently washed, the "grippy-ness" isn't there.

And I found that the screen protectors on my Pre+ were much worse and lacked the smooth as butter feel of the Pre2.

One other tip, you barely need to touch the Pre2 screen for it to register. If you move your finger with minimal pressure, you will find that helps. Definitely not the same as the plastic Pre+. I mostly like the glass better, but it's a bit more fickle when it's smudged or wet.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/20/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    I've never heard of the bare screen being described as "grippy" but to each his own ...

The Pre 2's screen is gorilla glass and feels different than the plastic of the Pre/Pre Plus. The Pre 2's glass is also perfectly flat and not curved at the edges like the Pre/Pre Plus. The SGP site doesn't show the actual shape of their Pre Plus protector, but if it bends around the sides like most others that I've seen or used, you would likely need to trim off those "wings" to install it properly on the Pre 2.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I find that "grippy-ness" is an indicator that the screen or my fingers are smudged. When it is clean and waxed, and my hands are recently washed, the "grippy-ness" isn't there.
    That's the problem, you don't always have the opportunity to clean the screen (or wash your hands just to use the phone).

And I found that the screen protectors on my Pre+ were much worse and lacked the smooth as butter feel of the Pre2.
    Agreed, most of them are just as bad as the bare screen or worse. The only screen protector type I've found is the textured matte finish which works perfectly unless my hands are wet. Unfortunately it's not a feature that's advertised by the makers of the screen protectors.

One other tip, you barely need to touch the Pre2 screen for it to register. If you move your finger with minimal pressure, you will find that helps. Definitely not the same as the plastic Pre+. I mostly like the glass better, but it's a bit more fickle when it's smudged or wet.
    I've actually not tried the pre+ (came to the pre2 from a droid), but unfortunately even with light pressure I find it difficult to swipe across the screen, which is made that much worse by the (awesome) gestures for everything feature of webos.
  5.    #5  
    It looks like the ScreenGuardz HD are the type that I want. I found some reviews online ( Review: ScreenGuardz HD Anti-Glare for Apple iPad — iPad Insight ) complaining about loss of clarity/the view on the screen looks smoky. Ironically this is exactly what I'm looking for (it's the matte/textured finish that makes the screen less grippy and the image slightly less clear).

I've ordered them and will post an update when they arrive.
  6.    #6  
    The screenguardz protector turned out not to be the one I wanted, but I did finally find something that worked on ebay: 2x Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector Palm Pre 2 Pre Two - eBay (item 170645171690 end time Jun-21-11 16:37:16 PDT) (there are various sellers - I needed the anti-fingerprint one). This feels much smoother when sliding your finger across the screen, and has made it much easier to use my phone.